Been ages since I’ve had such confidence in a FO and coaching staff...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Heck, maybe ever, if I’m gonna be totally honest.

Back to at least Vermiel for a HC.

And for a FO I have to go back to Klosterman. Yeah, Klosterman.

The ripple effects of the above combo are endless. Starting with my enjoyment level and peace of mind.

So, I intend to enjoy interesting and lively discussions about countless possible offseason moves, and I will certainly participate in my fair share. But I will be comfortable in the belief that this group will have self scouted, identified weaknesses, and formed strategies to best improve those weaknesses. Plans A, B, and C, at that.

Things like these:

Future LOT
Sully and/or draft future C
Our future at TE. Already on roster or FA or draft moves?
Extend Watkins and for how much and how long, or roll with another FA, or Reynolds and Thomas?
Our future at NT. Already here or FA or draft?
AD contract. How much, how soon, and for how long?
Barron stays or goes?
Ogletree moved over?
Quinn stays, goes, or renegotiated contract downwards?
Barwin one more year?
Can Ebukam be a legit starter?
TruJo extended and for how much? Or will another FA or draft be the decision?
What about a replacement for injured Webster? Draft, FA, Troy Hill?
Who will be our picks in the draft, especially at #23? Can S&M put together another quality draft?

All these interesting topics and many more will be examined by we loyal fans for months, no doubt. Gonna be fun.

But, like I said, when all is said and done, I have this wonderful feeling that this group is all over every single thing that we’ve considered and more. And that they will make solid decisions to improve our team. That feeling is priceless for this 74 year old fan.

Can’t wait to see how their moves unfold.

Psycho_X

Legend
Makes the offseason a lot more exciting knowing that you have competent people behind the scenes making decisions. You know most of the draft picks will be worth a roster spot and you know at least a couple of the UDFAs Snead nabs will make the roster. Always really fun to see who he grabs and research them to see how the Rams will use them and know you are probably looking at a player worth your time researching.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Me as well buddy. Got total faith in these guys.

Going to be a very interesting couple of months

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
All these interesting topics and many more will be examined by we loyal fans for months, no doubt. Gonna be fun.

But, like I said, when all is said and done, I have this wonderful feeling that this group is all over every single thing that we’ve considered and more. And that they will make solid decisions to improve our team. That feeling is priceless for this 74 year old fan.

It's been interesting since Snead has been here IMO, because he is a "deal maker"..........he's fearless about making changes.

But I agree with you this is the most interesting in my lifetime too I think though I'm not as old as you geezer

There will be a lot of fun debate this year and with a positive spin on it since our Rams are on the upswing. I have a lot of faith in this group, and while I have intense dislike for Demoff I have faith that he will get a contract done for AD that isn't a back-breaker and that he will make the correct call on TJ.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looking forward to what these guys can do. The real challenge will be 3-5 years from now if they can maintain or even improve their offseason plans. I remember everyone praising John Schneider for being able to draft well across the board for the Seahawks; his recent drafts have been abysmal and the team's relying on aging talent to stay afloat.

Ram65

Legend
It's good that the Rams have management in place that inspires confidence that is warranted for a change.

It's bad that we have no idea what Rams management is thinking and the progress they are making on contracts and player decisions. Seems like these upcoming decisions are much more important than in the past. I guess the fact the Rams have the players of a winning team on offense but, big question marks on defense makes me more anxious. Can't wait to get the off season rolling.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This all makes me wish I was a "Fly-on-the-Wall" at Rams HQ right about now, so I could hear what's being talked about!!(y);):D

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

I keep thinking about them replacing three scouts last year so I am expecting even greater things this year. can't get here soon enough.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Heck, maybe ever, if I’m gonna be totally honest.

Back to at least Vermiel for a HC.

And for a FO I have to go back to Klosterman. Yeah, Klosterman.

The ripple effects of the above combo are endless. Starting with my enjoyment level and peace of mind.

So, I intend to enjoy interesting and lively discussions about countless possible offseason moves, and I will certainly participate in my fair share. But I will be comfortable in the belief that this group will have self scouted, identified weaknesses, and formed strategies to best improve those weaknesses. Plans A, B, and C, at that.

Things like these:

Future LOT
Sully and/or draft future C
Our future at TE. Already on roster or FA or draft moves?
Extend Watkins and for how much and how long, or roll with another FA, or Reynolds and Thomas?
Our future at NT. Already here or FA or draft?
AD contract. How much, how soon, and for how long?
Barron stays or goes?
Ogletree moved over?
Quinn stays, goes, or renegotiated contract downwards?
Barwin one more year?
Can Ebukam be a legit starter?
TruJo extended and for how much? Or will another FA or draft be the decision?
What about a replacement for injured Webster? Draft, FA, Troy Hill?
Who will be our picks in the draft, especially at #23? Can S&M put together another quality draft?

Can’t wait to see how their moves unfold.

Well see there are so many things that need to be addressed.

We can go back & look at what happened with JJ,Tru, & McLoud ?
The exact type thing coming up with the offensive line.
I stated the Big 5 would be solid this year. Everyone was in panic , but truth is McVay went with on 7 to 8 Offensive Lineman on Sunday’s.

We start looking ahead to this season , but Saffold, Havenstein, & Brown all become FA’s after the season. The don’t have Sully signed either , so at the end of 2018 The Big 5 become the Big 1 in Whitworth if Sullivan is brought back on another one year contract .
Just another thought , but The Rams need to extend a couple players now, to help build in future.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think it's roughly three areas...

1. Get Watkins locked up for one year at least. The key is not seeing dropoff among targets for our young QB. Watkins was open a lot throughout the year, he needs to return and the staff and QB need to do a better job ensuring Jared's seeing him when he's getting open.

2. Start chipping away at the 2019 OL situation (Whit's age + Saff/Brown/Hav being FAs). This certainly will require some draft capital. Probably a FA signing or re-signing of one of the three this offseason as well.

3. Load the defense. Rams need to stomp the 9ers and sieze control of this division early and hold it. Defense is weak at key positions, weak vs the run in the front seven, and is losing a lot of talent in the secondary. It requires draft capital for sure and probably/hopefully FA attention as well.

Snead has his work cut out man, that's for sure. The Rams are one of the most challenging teams in the league in terms of GM decision making this offseason.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not since the John Robinson era have I felt this good about the Rams going forward into a new season. Robinson always put a competitive team on the field.

McVay, Snead Demoff and Kroenke are serious about making the Rams a top tier team, and not for just one season. Rams are gonna make it to a Super Bowl within 5 years.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I felt this calming confidence sweep over me last year when we hired McVay.

"Communication is key"

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm a huge fan of the current coaching staff and front office we have. I expect big things, particularly big, shiny trophy-things. MVP trophies. OPOTY and DPOTY trophies. And, of course, the Super Bowl trophy.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For those having doubts about this group’s ability to have a good offseason in FA?

May I remind you of them dropping Britt, Quick, Barnes, and Kendrick’s last offseason before they had their first cup of coffee?

Then adding Whit, Sully, Woods, Webster, Barwin, and NRC via FA. Then Watkins via trade.

Is there anything about all those moves that indicate that they don’t know EXACTLY what they’re doing? Lol.

Man, these guys GET it!

nighttrain

Legend
For those having doubts about this group’s ability to have a good offseason in FA?

May I remind you of them dropping Britt, Quick, Barnes, and Kendrick’s last offseason before they had their first cup of coffee?

Then adding Whit, Sully, Woods, Webster, Barwin, and NRC via FA. Then Watkins via trade.

Is there anything about all those moves that indicate that they don’t know EXACTLY what they’re doing? Lol.

Man, these guys GET it!
going to be damn hard to duplicate this offseason. i hope nobody gets their hopes crushed
train

nighttrain

Legend
. Defense is weak at key positions, weak vs the run in the front seven, and is losing a lot of talent in the secondary. It requires draft capital for sure and probably/hopefully FA attention as well.

Snead has his work cut out man, that's for sure. The Rams are one of the most challenging teams in the league in terms of GM decision making this offseason.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This offseason may be bittersweet. As a fan, I REALLY hope we keep both Quinn and Tru, but I'll understand if they aren't here next year (if we improve:sneaky:). I don't care about cap and having too much money invested in a position, I just want my favorite players to stay with the team. Last year was their first year in the system, and both are young and can get better, especially Quinn with his play down the stretch.