Beckham: Norman joined Redskins to stay 'relevant'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Beckham: Norman joined Redskins to stay 'relevant'
_Sessler-65x90.jpg

Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
+Follow on Twitter

Washington's Josh Norman can't be thrilled to hear Odell Beckham Jr. crown Patrick Peterson-- a player he's never faced -- as the "best cornerback" in the NFL.

Unfortunately for Norman, though, Beckham was just getting started.

TheNew York Giantsstar wideout told GQ that he "for sure" believes that Norman, the former Panthers cover man, signed with the NFC East's Redskins to remain "relevant," calling it a "smart business move" to set up at least two showdowns with Beckham per season, according to the New York Daily News.

The two engaged in a notorious penalty-fueled duel when the Giants and Panthers squared off last December, a messy outing that propelled NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to propose what some called an "Odell Beckham rule" on personal fouls.

"If I wasn't playing him twice a year, maybe people wouldn't bring it up as much," Beckham said in GQ's August issue. "But now it'll be a lot more media attention for him, attention that I don't really look for, attention I don't really need. The reason that he's become so relevant is because of me."

Here's another reason Norman -- an All-Pro last year -- chose Washington: $75 million over five years with more than $51 million in guaranteed loot.

Nobody can deny Beckham's talent. He's one of the most electrifying and recognizable athletes in the world today. He's also just the latest pro athlete to waste our time with a tedious blast of me-first hot air.

This offseason can't end fast enough.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ckham-norman-joined-redskins-to-stay-relevant

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-21_8-40-35.gif
    upload_2016-7-21_8-40-35.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 94

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Beckham really believes he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can't wait to see these two battling twice a year.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Shut your cake hole Beckham, you whiny little bitch.

Norman already made him look the fool for losing his composure big time...This time, Beckham might have let his mouth overload his ass...Just about all NFL players have big to over- sized egos, but this guy is elite ego- wise

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not going to happen. Not with their D-Line problems!!:mrburnsevil:

Athos

Legend
Who else is sick of this fucking tool? I wouldn't be upset if he got rung up by Barron.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd like to see how Beckham does on a full season without the new Nike gloves.

View: https://youtu.be/jmxw4K3w4N4

I'd love to see them still catch it while running full speed and having a DB draped on them. Then have a person throwing that football around 50 mph. I catch 1 handed passes constantly with no gloves on just running routes with my brother. OBJ has some of the biggest hands in the nfl. He'd do fine. Also, he referenced the players before these ones. Did we all forget about stick em?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd love to see them still catch it while running full speed and having a DB draped on them. Then have a person throwing that football around 50 mph. I catch 1 handed passes constantly with no gloves on just running routes with my brother. OBJ has some of the biggest hands in the nfl. He'd do fine. Also, he referenced the players before these ones. Did we all forget about stick em?

I'm not sure where you're going with this lol. These gloves are the modern day stickem.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure he signed for the money and only the money.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams had a nice scrum on the Giants sideline when Ogletree landed on the whiny bitch after a short pass and he went nuts. Yeah I'd love to see someone lay him the F out, I'm talking something like this:

Effin Nazi @$$ NFL and their vid blocking idiocy...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKcWeG4Ctts