Because it's Sunday ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And a religious day, of one kind or another to Billions, A few words of wisdom, on Football, passed down from on-high!! These observations should be followed and used Diligently!!!
ap0909030130627.jpg
ap0909030177863.jpg
ap09090302333111.jpg

Why Sabol never lobbied on Dave's behalf is beyond me!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Here are some of my favorite ones:

-"I did come up with the term “sack” to describe the devastation I was bringing on the poor, cringing quarterbacks in the NFL. “Sack the quarterback.” That was nice. I thought it was lots better than saying, “Jones tackles the QB behind the line for another loss of yardage . . . ” It had a ring to it, and it caught on with the sports writers. But I tell you, doing it was a lot more fun than talking about it."

-“When I hit him, I tried to end his career. We tried desperately to end his career…desperately.” *refering to Fran Tarkenton

-“I’d probably be arrested with this bunch of guys, they’re soft — give me a break: These guys are soft,” Jones said. “I hit the head. I started there. . . . This game ain’t never going to be safe.”

-Even after seeing how the game had changed in his retirement, old age didn’t soften Jones, who was asked in a 2008 interview if he had any regrets and answered, “Yes. . . . I’d kill more quarterbacks. That’s the only thing I could do differently. I couldn’t be any nastier. I couldn’t have any more intent. The only thing I do is execute better.”

-“I wouldn’t want to be a lawyer, I wouldn’t want to be a doctor, I wouldn’t want to be the president of the United States. I was destined — just like Ray Charles was born to sing the blues — Deacon was born to rush quarterbacks.”

Imagine the Secretary of Defense on our front line right now, scariest line in history lol

George Allen's daughter named her son after Deacon, thats some cool shit. Thats the kind of impact Deacon made!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That was football. Deacon would have some pretty choice words for today's rules. If I were Greg Williams, my locker room would have Deac quotes on all four walls.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was football. Deacon would have some pretty choice words for today's rules. If I were Greg Williams, my locker room would have Deac quotes on all four walls.
You should send Williams a memo!!:D