Bears Actively Pursuing Cutler Trade(rumor)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not exactly a thrilling proposition IMO. If they landed Foles I think Bradford would get cut because if they make a move for him it isn't to be the backup and leaving Bradford on the roster creates controversy.

If they get Foles Bradford is finished as a Ram.

IMO, that's even worse. Because Foles hasn't proven to be a durable guy either. Leaves us in the same position as last year if he gets injured.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I can't get behind this Foles love. In the real world, that guy is a solid backup IMO. He isn't exactly Brett Favre back there, as far as durability goes, and you stick him behind the current Rams line? Good luck. The fact that Philly chose Mark Freaking Sanchez over Foles should tell us all we need to know about him.

Cutler is a true talent. I doubt at this stage of his career he can ever put it together, but the difference between him and Foles is immeasurable. I would rather play out our hand with Sam, but Cutler would be a much better option going forward than Nick Foles.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For me, the Foles plan all comes down to potential with him and Bradford. If you think sticking by Sam is the way to go or that Foles will be a future good/very good QB, go through with it. But if you think both guys are temporary solutions...then the Cutler deal is the better deal.

If Sam was healthy non of us would be talking about this. But he is not and I am inclined to agree with Jrry on this one. I have no faith in Sam having a full recovery and I think Cutler for 2 years is better than Foles for 1.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
can't wait to see Cutler without a Brandon Marshall. it's gonna be a train wreck

iced

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3608/jay-cutler

Jay Cutler - QB - Bears
Various sources tell CSN Chicago that the Bears plan to "take some things away" from Jay Cutler in 2015, and "shrink the game for him."

Realizing there's no trade market for Cutler, the Bears are shifting their focus toward how to limit his mistakes. Cutler was a disastrous audibler in 2014, and giving him less freedom at the line of scrimmage would seem to be an easy way to cut down on his "rogue" tendencies. It's easier said than done, of course. Regardless of Cutler's receptiveness to the idea of less freedom, that's what he's going to get under conservative coach John Fox. It's for the best.

Source: CSN Chicago
Mar 10 - 12:03 PM