Beard Trimmers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Okay, so I decided to sport facial hair for the first time in my life (well, not really, I'd rock the 2-3 days of scruff look. basically a wider chin strap, until I'd get tired of it and abandoned it all completely) on the advice of a female friend.

I don't want a full on beard. More like a rugged, shorter beard style. And that requires a legit beard trimmer. I don't know shit about that other than lots of online research. Online reviews are hard to believe though. Everyone always bitches about something, so it's hard to gauge actual advice.

So, for the guys rocking the bearded look, what brand and model are you all using? I don't need to drop 100s on one. Just a decent trimmer under $60 to tame this wild ass beard look that's getting kinda cave man on me.

Bit like so.

de6204703526c20786fd75a655d0efb3.jpg

Or channel my inner douche

5b76491fcf8e018fb49de1a529e9c03b.jpg

beej

Rookie
I'm not sure of the model. but Wahl is one of the best brands out there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any adjustable trimmer will work. I have one from 15 years ago that still works fine.
#3 setting on the whole face and you'll be good to go.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Scissors, some shaving cream, and any decent razor. The old fashioned way. Dealing with the neck beard and shaving around the adam's apple is the worst part. Yikes. I trim my beard for the summer and then let it grow out for the fall and winter months.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Personally, I prefer to shave my face once every other week and sport a short beard during the summer months. I think it's less grooming and my face isn't so hideous that I have to cover it up with a beard.

Winter months, I'm with @Prime Time on this, gotta have the winter beard. It makes a difference. A lot of people don't believe me and may think I'm full of crap but a beard does insulate the face and work as a wind breaker during the winter months. It's also better to look like Jeremiah Johnson than be cold.

I'm not sure of the model. but Wahl is one of the best brands out there.
You don't have to spend a lot of money. You can get a serviceable Wahl for under $20.

Scissors, some shaving cream, and any decent razor. The old fashioned way. Dealing with the neck beard and shaving around the adam's apple is the worst part. Yikes. I trim my beard for the summer and then let it grow out for the fall and winter months.
In the immortal words of President Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain." I've gotta shave my neck daily otherwise it will connect to my chest hair.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Winter months, I'm with @Prime Time on this, gotta have the winter beard. It makes a difference. A lot of people don't believe me and may think I'm full of crap but a beard does insulate the face and work as a wind breaker during the winter months. It's also better to look like Jeremiah Johnson than be cold.

Thanks for mentioning that. It gets below zero here at times and the winds are outrageous. Having a full beard and mustache helps a great deal.

my face isn't so hideous that I have to cover it up with a beard.

Mine is. My wife and son moved to Maryland in 94 while I stayed behind in California to sell the house. That took three months. Before driving to Maryland I shaved my head and my face. When the wife first saw me she screamed. :sneaky:

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:ROFLMAO:

I don't got the ugly mug but my face has always been on the hella lean extreme side of the equation.

I don't look quite so vampire gaunt with the facial hair.

Don't think I could go full long beard though. Too much. A short tight beard and long stubble will be my happy zone.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I prefere non of the above. Let that shit grow. I just keep my cheeks lined up with a razor as well as my neck. The rest, its free to do as it pleases. lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A basic Wahl works for about ever. I have one that is about 15 years old. And it works for the wife as well. Overshare?:LOL:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yea , I would just go with a Wahl trimmer

Even though I've never really sported a full beard before , I have grown a goatee from time to time , but it didn't really have anything to do with a fashion statement , more so that I just get lazy

But.............

My wife is the one who's been cutting my hair now for the last 25 years , I think we've only had two different clippers over that time , both Wahl

Probably the best thing to do is just go on Amazon and read all the reviews , or go to YouTube and watch a couple video reviews , that's what I usually do