Be thankful of Snisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

My Sources

UDFA
Did you guys really think this year was a playoff year ? The point of the thread was to state that this team has been built to succeed in the near future .There is a lot of other teams that have been trying to rebuild and the rams are way ahead of them.
Adi, you appear quite young. We have all been there with the rose colored glasses. Decades of disappointment have taken a toll. I never expect the Rams to win but given how weak the division has been, yes I believe they should have made the playoffs. We are the only team in the division who haven't made the playoffs and been realistic contenders for over a decade. Enough all ready. They need to bring in established football people with a track record of winning. Otherwise they will lose their fan base in LA. So no, this is definitely NOT a time to be thankful. That's just rediculou.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Adi, you appear quite young. We have all been there with the rose colored glasses. Decades of disappointment have taken a toll. I never expect the Rams to win but given how weak the division has been, yes I believe they should have made the playoffs. We are the only team in the division who haven't made the playoffs and been realistic contenders for over a decade. Enough all ready. They need to bring in established football people with a track record of winning. Otherwise they will lose their fan base in LA. So no, this is definitely NOT a time to be thankful. That's just rediculou.
Who are those well established people who are waiting for the Rams job?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Your don't agree that they have drafted a talented team ? If anyone else drafted Gurley, Donald,Ogletree, tru ,brockers , Austin and now Goff that GM would be praised by the whole league. I agree they have not developed the offense as well as they should but I think all that changes with Goff. No one will ever respect keenum and he was holding everyone back because defenses knew he couldn't beat them.

I think you are spot on in regards to a GM would be praised for those picks and I agree with you. I have also said for this being the 3rd season now is we have a playoff talented team.....The part that is hard to be grateful for is we have yet to make the playoffs. Im trying not to take a shot at Fisher here, but most coaches would of had this team in the post season. I really believe that and I really think we are talented enough to be a playoff team. Thanks for the positive post though.

My Sources

UDFA
I think you are spot on in regards to a GM would be praised for those picks and I agree with you. I have also said for this being the 3rd season now is we have a playoff talented team.....The part that is hard to be grateful for is we have yet to make the playoffs. Im trying not to take a shot at Fisher here, but most coaches would of had this team in the post season. I really believe that and I really think we are talented enough to be a playoff team. Thanks for the positive post though.
Well to start, the head coaches in Pittsburgh and Green Bay are on the hot seat and may be available. Also, this is a very attractive job now that they are in LA. This is not St. Louis, so finding good people shouldn't be a problem.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Waiting for the OP to write a retraction. This regime cannot be allowed to continue. I'm pretty much done for this year. You're killing me Rams. Make the changes now or risk losing your fan base. There is no excuse for the product you have put on the field year in and year out.
If you're done for the year, that's more than understandable. Feel free to move on, but I think it more than a bit distasteful and contrary to that statement to call out the OP in asking for a retraction.

Myself, I'll be watching the remainder of the season, and while I agree with your sentiment that Fisher has had his 5 years (barring some miracle in the next 6 games), if I were to gloat on my prognostication that this was his last year, I find it far less snarky to simply say ...
so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish-54.jpg

My Sources

UDFA
Well then good for you. But as a fan for over 40 years and previous season ticket holder, I feel I am well within my right to call out BS when I see it. I'm a pissed off fan and for good reason. I have loyally watched and followed the Rams from LA to St L and back to LA, when most people I know dumped them when they left LA. I don't want them losing their LA fan base, which I think is already starting to happen. I honestly feel that things need to change at the top. The time for blind optimism is over AFAIC. So, if you don't agree with my posts, don't read them.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How is our division weak ? I would say if they were in a different division they would of made multiple playoff births. The bills , browns , dolphins, jags and titans just to name a few teams have sucked just as long as us and I would say our rebuild has been a lot better .I'm not saying I'm happy with where we are right now but at least the talent is there .

My Sources

UDFA
How is our division weak ? I would say if they were in a different division they would of made multiple playoff births. The bills , browns , dolphins, jags and titans just to name a few teams have sucked just as long as us and I would say our rebuild has been a lot better .I'm not saying I'm happy with where we are right now but at least the talent is there .
I would say that the facts speak for themselves. Through 10 games only 1 team in our division doesn't totally suck as evidences by their records ... only 1 team, Seattle, is over .500.

FRO

Legend
So as far as all the "serious talent" that Snisher has brought in goes. Who other than Donald and possibly Tree can you really say are standout players in this league?? Don't EVEN say Gurley as he is ranked near the bottom of the league right now as far as RBs go and sorry, but I do not put that all on the OL. Speaking of the OL....how many picks have they whiffed on with that unit?? And again, you can say this team is twice as talented as the one they inherited, but WTF difference does that make when you still can't win games???
I don't understand why people let Snead off the hook so easily. Yeah Fisher has failed, but it's not like Snead has put quality offensive talent on the field. The guy has had more premium picks in his 5 years than most GMs do, and it's still a 7-9 type team. Snead has picked 4 offensive olayers in the top 10 of the draft and 12 in the top 100 picks. It's still one of the worst offenses in the league and you can't blame it on just the QB.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What??? Out rebuild is ahead of the Dolphins, bills and titans??? We have lost to two of those teams already this year. We have the same or worse record and no picks in next years draft. Tennessee may have a few...

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
What??? Out rebuild is ahead of the Dolphins, bills and titans??? We have lost to two of those teams already this year. We have the same or worse record and no picks in next years draft. Tennessee may have a few...
Our qb has only played 1 game ..dolphins qb has been around for a while and still sucks and Tyrod Taylor hit his ceiling last year..yes I would say we are ahead of them . Don't need anymore picks just our qb to work out and team to mesh .

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I would say that the facts speak for themselves. Through 10 games only 1 team in our division doesn't totally suck as evidences by their records ... only 1 team, Seattle, is over .500.
Last year 2 teams from our division made the playoffs and Idk how Arizona totally sucks ?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So as far as all the "serious talent" that Snisher has brought in goes. Who other than Donald and possibly Tree can you really say are standout players in this league?? Don't EVEN say Gurley as he is ranked near the bottom of the league right now as far as RBs go and sorry, but I do not put that all on the OL.
Donald, Tree, Barron, TruJ, Quinn*, Brockers
Gurley, Britt, T.Austin, Hekker, Kendricks*, Saffold*, Havenstein
That's talent that are starters for just about any team.
I'd add Cunningham, Harkey, Mo Alexander, Hayes, Joyner as solid/marginal guys.
*pre Fisher

I get it. You want everyone fired. I don't subscribe to your idea that there's no talent here.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well then good for you. But as a fan for over 40 years and previous season ticket holder, I feel I am well within my right to call out BS when I see it. I'm a pissed off fan and for good reason. I have loyally watched and followed the Rams from LA to St L and back to LA, when most people I know dumped them when they left LA. I don't want them losing their LA fan base, which I think is already starting to happen. I honestly feel that things need to change at the top. The time for blind optimism is over AFAIC. So, if you don't agree with my posts, don't read them.
You have the right to perpetually piss and moan on the team but not on this board.
PM sent

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Donald, Tree, Barron, TruJ, Quinn*, Brockers
Gurley, Britt, T.Austin, Hekker, Kendricks*, Saffold*, Havenstein
That's talent that are starters for just about any team.
I'd add Cunningham, Harkey, Mo Alexander, Hayes, Joyner as solid/marginal guys.
*pre Fisher

I get it. You want everyone fired. I don't subscribe to your idea that there's no talent here.
What are you talking about? When did I EVER say anything about firing everyone? You got the wrong dude.....

I disagree with your talent evaluation, that's for sure.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
My problem with this team is that many of the players they drafted were good players but have not progressed like they should have. This to me is a direct reflection on the coaching. Is it that they are not continuing to develop these players or are that not using them in ways that best suit their abilities?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Our qb has only played 1 game ..dolphins qb has been around for a while and still sucks and Tyrod Taylor hit his ceiling last year..yes I would say we are ahead of them . Don't need anymore picks just our qb to work out and team to mesh .

Tannehill won thr game for them last week - not sure he exactly "sucks" as you say

FRO

Legend
Well to start, the head coaches in Pittsburgh and Green Bay are on the hot seat and may be available. Also, this is a very attractive job now that they are in LA. This is not St. Louis, so finding good people shouldn't be a problem.
So it was St Louis' fault? Seems to me the team is the same exact team it's been for the last decade. It doesn't matter where the Rams play, they have established themselves as a losing organization.

FRO

Legend
Counting this year which to date isn't a winning season the Rams have had a grand total of 4 winning seasons in 27 years. Those 4 winning seasons all came in a 5 year span and were set up by the Vermiel/Army brain trust. Had the Rams not had those two who knows how badly the last 27 years would have looked like. If the Rams continue down this path they are going to fail miserably in the LA market. If they continue down the Demoff/Fisher/Snead path they are doomed to failure. Maybe I'm too negative, but I was 16 the last time the Rams had a winning season. It's been such a long time. Things looked as hopeful as ever when Fisher took over and the team had a glut of draft picks from the RGIII trade and tons of cap space. It's just depressing now knowing that great opportunity was squandered and we are back at the same position we've always been at.