Be thankful of Snisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
With thanksgiving coming up and the Goff Era starting Sunday I think we all should be great full for what Snead and Fisher have done with this team. Yes they make a lot of mistakes and fisher is too stubborn to change his old school ways but I can say I am happy with the team they havr drafted and developed. We have 1 of the most talented defenses in the nfl and a young offense with a lot of playmakers. If fisher stays or goes this team will always be something he built from the ground up .

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Dude they took the team over in 2012
It's almost 2017
We are past "ground up" accolades
image.jpeg

tempests

Hall of Fame
Eh, I'm not feeling it.

This kind of thread is better suited after they deliver a postseason berth.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
They havent been perfect, but they have added a lot of talent to a roster that had very little talent when they got here. Now if they could just find a way to break the injury curse.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I think they've added some really nice talent to the roster. What they've done with said talent I'm not super excited about. I love Williams and Waffle coaching our D but I don't think there are any other coaches on this team that I'm in love with.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They havent been perfect, but they have added a lot of talent to a roster that had very little talent when they got here. Now if they could just find a way to break the injury curse.

Tru Johnson getting hurt ?? Every team has injuries. Poor excuse !!!

That little guy they traded up for got hurt. My hope is EJ Gaines moves inside & Troy Hill starts at CB opposite of Tru Johnson.
Hope Quinn is ok & starts Sunday.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We've gone from cellar dwellers to a competative football team. We're not getting our ass smeared all over the field anymore. We can beat anyone and lose to anyone, but we're in almost every game.
The last missing piece is a better oline. It's still below average, but very young. If we can get the guys up front to improve, we'd be playoff bound without question.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Not buying it. Yah the Rams went from winning 3 games a year the previous 4 seasons before Fisher to 6.75 wins a year under Fisher. Oh Boy! Hip Hip Hurray!

Bruce2980

Starter
Now if Fisher can improve the coaching talent on the offensive side of the ball. A good o-line coach would be a nice start.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm thankful that they've brought the Rams from the laughing stock of the league to a competitive team every week...but it's time to deliver more to this fanbase.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The big problem is a lot of the talent is leaving and a lot more are due new contracts . Yet they still haven't even reached 8-8 so I'm not buying Fisher as a good coach . You give any coach that many high picks and they can win as much as Fisher has . I don't like the fact of him coaching Goff past this year .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry Adi, not one winning season in 4 seasons, and we are 4-5 so far this year. That's failure to me, so no, I 'm not thanking him at this point.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When it comes to the Rams, I have great patience lol.

I need to see serious improvement next year, but I believe we will.

Once the team moved to LA, anyone who still thought we would be a playoff team this season was being a little unrealistic or at least expecting a bit much.
Our division still has a Seattle team that is doing what they do.
The best chance we have was as a wild card and it still is, barely.

Rookies on O, Offensive line didnt improve and is still pretty bad, Gurley not finding room and probably didn't train as much in the offseason to give his body a break after all his work returning from his acl, Keenum, injuries...

Yes, Fisher deserves plenty of blame.
But he deserves some credit too.

I have a strange, almost unfamiliar feeling of optimism about remaining schedule and the performance of our Rookie QB going forward...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I will be thankful if Jared Goff showcases upside and this coaching staff evolves to calling more bigger plays on offense and the offensive line comes together to create more lanes for Gurley and the Rams win more games than they lose, however, if that does not happen I will be thankful if ownership understands that maybe it's time to go in another direction.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have always held a outstanding opinion of our Les Snead since his arrival with the Rams. I have seldom found myself out of agreement with him from 2012 through the 2015 seasons. My lone very big problem with Snead was this 2016 trade for Goff. I still considered that to be a career ending decision for him. I hope I am totally wrong.

Outside this one trade, when you study & dig deep & investigate the overall work done here involving draft selections & even better UDFA's discoveries since 2012 it would be very hard to point to many failures. Yes top 10 draft selections of OLT Greg Robinson & WR Tavon Austin are :palm: with 2nd day picks like Pead , Quick, Mason as being examples of very high draft selection fails along with a half dozen major FA signs like Cortland Finnegan, Scott Wells, Davin Joseph, Jared Cook, Rodger Saffold, Jake Long but Snead sure has many more on the positive side.

I am still of the belief that Les Snead has brought in some very good talent that was on 2014/2015 & 2016 player rosters with the talent to compete with other teams for some wild card playoffs but injuries & less than average coaching was Snead's teams Achilles Heel.

We will get a good chance to fully see just how great or bad Les Snead really is on how well Goff performs from this point on. When you trade away a total of six (2 first round selections, 2 second round selections & 2 third round selections) for one pick that's a very high huge cost to overcome in the near future seasons:notsure:.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I like Jeff Fisher. Always have. I think that even if he's not the guy to lead the Rams to a Superbowl, at least he's left our roster in much better shape than the one he inherited from Spagnoulo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I have always held a outstanding opinion of our Les Snead since his arrival with the Rams. I have seldom found myself out of agreement with him from 2012 through the 2015 seasons. My lone very big problem with Snead was this 2016 trade for Goff. I still considered that to be a career ending decision for him. I hope I am totally wrong.

Outside this one trade, when you study & dig deep & investigate the overall work done here involving draft selections & even better UDFA's discoveries since 2012 it would be very hard to point to many failures. Yes top 10 draft selections of OLT Greg Robinson & WR Tavon Austin are :palm: with 2nd day picks like Pead , Quick, Mason as being examples of very high draft selection fails along with a half dozen major FA signs like Cortland Finnegan, Scott Wells, Davin Joseph, Jared Cook, Rodger Saffold, Jake Long but Snead sure has many more on the positive side.

I am still of the belief that Les Snead has brought in some very good talent that was on 2014/2015 & 2016 player rosters with the talent to compete with other teams for some wild card playoffs but injuries & less than average coaching was Snead's teams Achilles Heel.

We will get a good chance to fully see just how great or bad Les Snead really is on how well Goff performs from this point on. When you trade away a total of six (2 first round selections, 2 second round selections & 2 third round selections) for one pick that's a very high huge cost to overcome in the near future seasons:notsure:.

Nice post, Bonifay.

I, too, hold Snead in high regard.

And I tend to believe that many of the above referenced picks, trades, and FA acquisitions have Fisher's fingerprints all over them.

Demoff would know which man deserves the credit or blame on each and will make that known to Kroenke, accordingly.

My prediction? Snead not only stays, but is promoted to "normal" GM status and supervises the selection process for a new HC.

Fisher gets a polite thank you and is shown the door.

And the Rams make the playoffs in '17. Maybe win the damned division. Maybe even a deep playoff run. All largely with players that are already on the roster.

Bruce2980

Starter
When it comes to the Rams, I have great patience lol.

I need to see serious improvement next year, but I believe we will.

Once the team moved to LA, anyone who still thought we would be a playoff team this season was being a little unrealistic or at least expecting a bit much.
Our division still has a Seattle team that is doing what they do.
The best chance we have was as a wild card and it still is, barely.

Rookies on O, Offensive line didnt improve and is still pretty bad, Gurley not finding room and probably didn't train as much in the offseason to give his body a break after all his work returning from his acl, Keenum, injuries...

Yes, Fisher deserves plenty of blame.
But he deserves some credit too.

I have a strange, almost unfamiliar feeling of optimism about remaining schedule and the performance of our Rookie QB going forward...
"Our division still has Seattle in it and they are still doing what they do," and that is losing to the Rams. So IMHO if the Rams can beat Seattle consistently, then why can't they, with a competent coach, beat other teams consistently, and if they did, well then, that spells PLAYOFFS, and not UNREALISTIC thinking in my book.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Can't agree with this. Also not sure why all the love for Snead on this board. Since the RG(IR)3 trade, he has had a TON of premium pics to rebuild this team with. Is this team any better than the 2012 team? I am sure everyone will say yes, but it is not showing up in the only place it matters....the win column.