Batted Balls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZGare

UDFA
Sam gets a lot of passes batted at line. Could he stop some of that with a pump fake occasionally?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: Batted Balls

ZGare said:
Sam gets a lot of passes batted at line. Could he stop some of that with a pump fake occasionally?

THANK YOU!

Yes! His arm motion is predictable. Got to fake more!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

when Sam pump faked, they reacted to it. More of that is definitely needed!

TexasRam

Legend

This is the Exact thing I logged on for.

To make the point that Sam has to do some pump fakes to get those lineman and others from settling in to the progression of the play and batting balls. It also keeps everyone else off balance.

It's the last part of Sam's game that has to be added. Pump fakes. even half pumps or shoulder moves.

The Greats do it. Those Greats that don't do it as much get away by a fast release. But Bradford is not a fast release guy like Marino or Brady. Bradford needs to pump like Favre, Manning and the others.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

TexasRam said:
This is the Exact thing I logged on for.

To make the point that Sam has to do some pump fakes to get those lineman and others from settling in to the progression of the play and batting balls. It also keeps everyone else off balance.

It's the last part of Sam's game that has to be added. Pump fakes. even half pumps or shoulder moves.

The Greats do it. Those Greats that don't do it as much get away by a fast release. But Bradford is not a fast release guy like Marino or Brady. Bradford needs to pump like Favre, Manning and the others.

I'm with you, Texas!

V3

Hall of Fame

I said this two years ago and really started pounding the drum last year because it's getting ridiculous. It's beyond stupid now. I don't know if it's on Sam or the coaches.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member

Yes they are very annoying. Sam should know when the linemen will throw his hands up rather than the linemen knowing when Sam will throw it.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

Part of it is because Sam is throwing lasers out there.

He's not doing a lot of bad throws, but the other teams is coaching them to put their hands up if they won't be getting there.

It's kind of like Sam is a victim of his own misfortune on that one.

TexasRam

Legend

HE WITH HORNS said:
Part of it is because Sam is throwing lasers out there.

He's not doing a lot of bad throws, but the other teams is coaching them to put their hands up if they won't be getting there.

It's kind of like Sam is a victim of his own misfortune on that one.

Right but a quick pump fake or shoulder fake get the Dlineman off balance and keeps them from waiting for Sam to throw and jumping when he goes into his motion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Honestly, I think part of it falls on our OL. You shouldn't be allowing the guys to get off the ground and if they do, you make them pay. You bury your helmet and shoulder pads into their mid-section. I got really mad at Wells today when I saw Osi jump and deflect the ball and Wells barely tapped him while he was in the air. If he wants to leave his feet, make him pay and make him think twice about it.

Our guys don't really do that.

RamsNation

Rookie

Yea I have been saying this for years,for such a tall QB he should not be having this many balls batted at the line.Some pumps and should fakes would relay help,it seems like every defense easy knows when he's about to load up.This news to be corrected,and not to mention he stairs down his WR's a lot.He needs to do some more looking off so he doesn't give away his intended target.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

CGI_Ram said:
ZGare said:

THANK YOU!

Yes! His arm motion is predictable. Got to fake more!
totally agree he really needs to get less balls batted down at the line of scrimmage, the pick six in the Arizona game was due to that

ZGare

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Batted Balls

How about throwing in one designed play like the 2 point conversion but pump fake then have Sam take off running up the middle when the linemen are up in the air. If you just show the play once, it will make them think from then on.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

jrry32 said:
Honestly, I think part of it falls on our OL. You shouldn't be allowing the guys to get off the ground and if they do, you make them pay. You bury your helmet and shoulder pads into their mid-section. I got really mad at Wells today when I saw Osi jump and deflect the ball and Wells barely tapped him while he was in the air. If he wants to leave his feet, make him pay and make him think twice about it.

Our guys don't really do that.

Good point, jrry!