Baseball is Finally Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Max Scherzer is saying that the National League should adopt the DH because of several reasons (searching for offense, fans not wanting to see pitchers hit, helps position players by rotating a DH). And you know what? After Waino's injury, I have to completely agree with him. Because that's why he's saying that. What pitchers can actually hit or bunt nowadays? Waino, Greinke, Bumgarner...and that's pretty much it.

Time for the NL to do what everyone else is doing from the American League, to college, to high school, to the Little Leagues: adopt the designated hitter.
I hate the DH, and I hate aluminum bats in every level, but it is what it is.
It's time they switch the NL over, its the only level of ball that still has it.
I'd prefer of course that every level ditch the DH, but that will never happen

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hate the DH, and I hate aluminum bats in every level, but it is what it is.
It's time they switch the NL over, its the only level of ball that still has it.
I'd prefer of course that every level ditch the DH, but that will never happen

Aluminum bats don't need to be in the game, honestly. They need to find a better wood for bats (maybe composite or something? I dunno.), but aluminum bats have the potential to literally kill someone. Imagine someone swinging an aluminum bat at an ump or another player like Juan Marichal swinging a wooden bat at Johnny Roseboro. Yeah, that's why it should be wood.

As for the DH, I'm all for it. I love tradition in baseball as much as the next guy, but when your ace goes down for the season with an Achilles tear that causes some to worry about his future performance, enough is enough. Nobody - Johnny Cueto aside - deserves to have such an injury.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I remember way back when, when aluminum bats were first introduced. I was a sophomore in high school. And IIRC, they did some tests a few years later that claimed the ball jumped off the aluminum bat faster but carried further off the wood.

My favorite models (wood) back in high school were the thin handled Al Kaline model and the thick handled Roberto Clemente. I remember one Clemente (we had 4 of them) with a tiny nick near the label was an ounce or two lighter than the other three. Great bats.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The standings are topsy-turvy in the AL. The Astros, Yankees and Twins sitting in playoff position with KC, the only one of the four expected to be there. I love watching the Astros win. Carter is heating up. Gattis is a beast. And that starting staff is solid. In the NL, it's the same old, same old. Washington, St. Louis, L.A and S.F.. Nothing new to see there!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I feel like crap after the flight to LA and working all day on dialogue for this project, but I they are taking me to the Dodger game tonight against St Louis
Dodgers better win!!!!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well that didn't take long. Baseball is halfway done.

I thought the Astros and Twins would have faded weeks ago. Still in the hunt. Baltimore is waking up. Washington is already starting to distance themselves from the rest of the east. They're going to ice it when Rendon, Werth and Zimmermann get back. What's wrong with the Tigers? I thought Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, the Reds and Atlanta were going to be a lot better than they are presently.

The A.L East is going to really be interesting. But it might settle out the way most expected. I don't know if the most shocking fact is the Yankees leading near the halfway point or the Red Sox in last. I think the most interesting division, considering both being in contention and team quality, is going to be the N.L. Central. The Cardinals have been great all season (with the exception of their current hiccup and a 7 game stretch in early May when they lost 5 of 7) but Pittsburgh and the Cubs are hanging. Only two teams have a better record than the Pirates (St. Louis & KC); just six better than the Cubs (St. Louis, KC, Pittsburgh, Houston, Washington and the Dodgers, just barely).

Screw the AllStar Game, it means so much but each fan can vote 35 times, more if they have a work computer and second e-mail address. I suppose that would only include about 10-15 million baseball fans. The managers, one who won his league and one who won it all last year, have a say in about 20% of the roster. Still, I'll probably watch it anyway.

Entertaining new talent has arrived. Correia is sparkling. Joc Pederson is on pace for 40 homers. WOW! Steven Souza is on pace for 31, more MarkTrumbo-ish than Joc. Both are on pace for more than 200 K's. I like the Cubs as an up and coming team with the most potential IMHO. What a world that would be, eh?

Anyhow, it seems like it has been flying by and I am looking forward to an entertaining second half. I'm thinking Washington/KC this October, though how can the Cardinals be discounted in the least?

Lackey vs. Lester tonight. Two ex-Red Sox pitchers face off.
Shields vs Burnett. Two ex-Rays......and finally...
Buehrle vs Sale. Could that game end in under an hour and a half?

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Should probably update this...I fucking hate Joe Maddon right now. That little fuckstick can suck on a giraffe's DNA rifle and choke on the semen. You want to complain about US being vigilantes when your fucking pitchers plunk us first?! And you plunked Holliday in the MOTHERFUCKING HEAD no less! Belisle barely got Rizzo in the ass on a slider, and you're really bitching about us?! And then you plunk our guys three times this game and dare to say that it was a coincidence?! Do you really think that everyone just came out of the fucking womb, you fucker? DO YOU?!!! GO SIXTY-NINE A FUCKING CROCODILE, YOU SHIT-EATING BASTARD!

Memento

Name
Jemma
The Cardinals have CLINCHED, BABY!!! :D

Memento

Name
Jemma
Looks like the Astros and the Cubs made it. I have to admit that I'm proud of the Astros. I always respected that team, and for them to get into the playoffs this year is incredible. I actually want an Astros/Cardinals WS, but if we can't do it, I want the Astros to win it all.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a beautiful last day of vacation! Baseball game starting at 9:45 am and a new one every 3 hours capped off by the Dodgers!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Cardinals take the first game! Home runs from Pham and Piscotty seal the deal! Lackey with a no-hitter through five and a two hit game!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers behind already, not good.

Athos

Legend
FU^&&G Dodgers and Clayton Kurplunk up to thier old selves.

I think the Cardinals just killed Kershaw's postseason confidence.

Every time October rolls around, he can't help but see Cardinal red and wet himself, even when he's not facing us. :ROFLMAO:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think the Cardinals just killed Kershaw's postseason confidence.

Every time October rolls around, he can't help but see Cardinal red and wet himself, even when he's not facing us. :ROFLMAO:
The problem is the Dodgers have no middle relief help. He is usually pitching well through 6 with no run support and the Dodgers leave him in. You just can't lean on a pitcher that much in the postseason. At some point you have to have run support.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodger bats better wake up or this thing could get ugly fast. Can't lose to the Yets.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
any thoughts on the "slide" ? i vote dirty.............................never slid until the bag/ obviously had no intention of getting to the bag just to take out the player. nice knee to the head for his efforts.