Baseball is Finally Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We dont hate Yankee fans either but hope we can both be good again at the same time....Miss the rivalry.
The younger generation is a little more rowdy, but yeah I've seen plenty of games at Fenway while proudly wearing a Yankees hat. I've never had an issue there, in fact more often than not I spent more than half the game talking with fans like they were my best friends.
Of course being a die hard Bruins and Celtics fan is always a good trump card....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Dodgers have some interesting position prospects but they come with a lot of question marks. Bellinger has the swooping swing which typically leads to many strikes outs. There tends to be lots of holes pitchers can expose with his type of swing. Unless he shortens it up and hits for a better average, Im not sure he is anything more than a AAAA player. Verdugo I like a lot but not sure he is going to hit for much power. Has great instincts for CF but has the speed of a RFer. I dont know what to make of Calhoun. His approach at the plate is great and has a strong compact swing, but why is his average so low and his doubles total so down. There is also the question about what position does he play.

Love your pitching prospects though.
Not worried about Bellingers swing at all. His minor league performance reminds me a lot of Kris Bryant, now there was a guy who struck out a ton. He'll have another year, possibly two, before he takes over for AGon to keep working on things but his K's actually went down this year. And although it's a very small sample size in his 3 games and 11 AB at AAA he didn't K once which is very promising. Most prospects even for a quick advancement at the end of the season will have problems and he did great in that brief advancement. Best of all with him is his glove we're talking about a future gold glover at 1b.

The kid to watch for me and my favorite long term hitter in the system is DJ peters. Kid destroyed pitchers at Ogden.

Our pitching depth though you're right we can go 5 or 6 deep with potential TOR guys and a mix of lefties and righties.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rest in peace, Yordano Ventura and Andy Marte.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers have traded Jose de Leon to Tampa for 2b Logan Forsythe. De Leon can be a stud but we really need Forsythe at 2b.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Dodgers have traded Jose de Leon to Tampa for 2b Logan Forsythe. De Leon can be a stud but we really need Forsythe at 2b.

I'm not a fan of that trade for you guys. Forsythe isn't a stud in the least. Jose de Leon could definitely be one.

In Cardinals news, Elizier Alvarez came in tenth in MLB's top ten second basemen. That shocked me; I didn't realize people were so high on him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a fan of that trade for you guys. Forsythe isn't a stud in the least. Jose de Leon could definitely be one.

In Cardinals news, Elizier Alvarez came in tenth in MLB's top ten second basemen. That shocked me; I didn't realize people were so high on him.

Having watched DeLeon if he's developed by the Rays his ceiling is a good #3. We have 5 or 6 in the minors as good or better. We had nothing at 2b and Forsythe s a 3+'WAR guy with three years of control at a position we have no answer in the minors.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, the Cardinals got handed down a huge punishment from the league. Our top two draft picks this year and a two million dollar fine, all paid to the Astros.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, the sentence feels a little light. They could've taken away more draft picks, docked us international signings, etc. On the other hand, though...the asshole that hacked the Astros database acted alone - which was proven by the Justice Department, FBI, and MLB investigations. I find it a little harsh to punish an entire organization for the actions of one man acting alone with no benefit to the Cardinals.

And before anyone says anything about the Cheatriots and Cardinals being one and the same, let me tell you that the Cardinals accepted their punishment, didn't try to hide anything, and nobody else knew that the motherfucker who hacked the Astros database was doing this shit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the Cardinals got handed down a huge punishment from the league. Our top two draft picks this year and a two million dollar fine, all paid to the Astros.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, the sentence feels a little light. They could've taken away more draft picks, docked us international signings, etc. On the other hand, though...the icehole that hacked the Astros database acted alone - which was proven by the Justice Department, FBI, and MLB investigations. I find it a little harsh to punish an entire organization for the actions of one man acting alone with no benefit to the Cardinals.

And before anyone says anything about the Cheatriots and Cardinals being one and the same, let me tell you that the Cardinals accepted their punishment, didn't try to hide anything, and nobody else knew that the motherfreaker who hacked the Astros database was doing this crap.
The problem with him acting alone from what I read was the Astros database was accessed some 48 times in a two month period prior to the draft. The Cardinals first round pick that year was a players profile they identified in particular. This guy made a mess and your team is paying the price for it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
And before anyone says anything about the Cheatriots and Cardinals being one and the same, let me tell you that the Cardinals accepted their punishment, didn't try to hide anything, and nobody else knew that the motherfreaker who hacked the Astros database was doing this crap.

To be fair, Brady got suspended but it was never "proven" he did anything. The final report said they have probably cause to suspend him. That being said, cheating or bending of rules happens in every sport all of the time. Its unfortunate but it happens and can be unfair to label anyone or organization because of the actions of one person or persons.

All I can say is you move on. All the teams we root for have probably done something we as fans dont approve of. I know Red Sox players did steroids. I still love the Red Sox though.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://nypost.com/2017/02/15/gleyber-torres-is-dazzling-yankees-camp/

TAMPA — While pitchers and catchers worked out for the first time this spring at Steinbrenner Field on Wednesday, the Yankees’ potential infield of the future was doing drills at the minor league complex.

The group of Greg Bird at first, Miguel Andujar at third, Didi Gregorius at short and Jorge Mateo and Gleyber Torres splitting time at second and short didn’t quite draw the attention of onlookers like Gary Sanchez’s and Aaron Judge’s batting practice, but it was pretty close.

And as long as Torres gets a chance to spend time playing with Gregorius, the crown jewel of the Yankees farm system is going to take advantage of it.

“I want to get as much experience with him as I can,” Torres said. “That’s my main goal this spring.”

The 20-year-old was the centerpiece of the package the Yankees received from the Cubs last July in return for Aroldis Chapman.

Now, they have to figure out where his future is.

GM Brian Cashman has said he wants versatility in his minor leaguers, which is among the reasons Torres hasn’t just played shortstop.

Yankees infield coach Joe Espada has been working with Torres since the Arizona Fall League and was just as impressed by his glove as he was by Torres’ well-chronicled bat.

tg1.jpg

TorresCharles Wenzelberg
Espada sees Torres as a shortstop whose future may lie elsewhere.

“I think right now he should play short,” Espada said. “Maybe later in his career — he’s still so young — he’s gonna be asked to play somewhere else.”

That could be second base or even third.

“If he grows into his body, he could be moved,” Espada said. “I could see him filling out where it makes more sense to get him off short.”

When asked about the possibility of switching positions, Torres said he’d be open to it, but he still considers himself a shortstop.

“I think I’m a shortstop,” the native of Venezuela said. “But if they need me somewhere else, I can do that.”

He’s already impressed some of his past and future teammates.

“He can play,” Gregorius said.

“He’s as good a shortstop as I’ve ever played with,” said lefty pitcher Justus Sheffield, who played with Torres at Single-A Tampa before Sheffield was bumped to Double-A Trenton. “He’s got range and great hands. And not having to pitch to him anymore is a help.”

Sheffield said they still talk about the home run Torres hit off him when they were in Single-A in 2015 when Torres was with South Bend and Sheffield was with the Indians’ affiliate Lake County.

dgd.jpg

Didi Gregorius and Gary SanchezCharles Wenzelberg
“I don’t remember too many home runs I gave up, but even then, you knew how good he was gonna be,” Sheffield said.

Sheffield arrived last July, as well, in the trade that sent Andrew Miller to Cleveland. The two newcomers say they’ve already started plotting their path to the Bronx.

Espada is confident Torres will be ready for the spotlight if and when he lands in New York.

“He’s very mature,” Espada said. “In Arizona, he was playing with older guys and fit in and actually played better than he did with us [in Single-A]. His inner clock is advanced. He already knows how to play the game at a high level.”

Torres will try to grow more accustomed to playing second, as well as with the shift, because Espada said Torres wasn’t very familiar with how the Yankees used it.

“He’s a good-looking player,” Espada said. “If he gets to New York, he’ll be able to handle what goes on there. He already knows how to deal with a lot of expectations at a young age.”

Torres doesn’t figure to be alone in being in the spotlight as he moves through the system.

“It feels pretty good to be part of this group,” Torres said

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm looking forward to seeing Clint Frazier this year for the Yanks.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Really sucks about Reyes. Great news is Cardinals baseball is back!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Really sucks about Reyes. Great news is Cardinals baseball is back!

Fellow Cards fan, eh? Welcome aboard! I'm actually hoping for Marco Gonzales to take the reins when it comes to the fifth starter spot. Left-handed pitcher, hopefully recovered from Tommy John, pinpoint control, and he did well the last spring training before we sent him back down.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Fellow Cards fan, eh? Welcome aboard! I'm actually hoping for Marco Gonzales to take the reins when it comes to the fifth starter spot. Left-handed pitcher, hopefully recovered from Tommy John, pinpoint control, and he did well the last spring training before we sent him back down.

Cardinals fan before I was born and Cardinals fan long after I die. I've not followed the HSL for years and since I'm out of the FSMW broadcast area I just tune into an occasional night game on KMOX until the ASB. After the ASB I try to follow every game I can and try to read STLtoday.com. My son and I catch them in Cincy and Atlanta and might make it to Jupiter this spring.

The pitching staff seems to be a constant salvage operation back to 2006. To have the success they have with the crushing injuries to even their ace starter is amazing. Have to worry if the farm system can continue to provide starters on the mound and in the field when needed. But as we know these are the end times, the apocalypse is in full swing with the......well can't bring myself to think, say, write it. You know. That which must never be repeated.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Cardinals fan before I was born and Cardinals fan long after I die. I've not followed the HSL for years and since I'm out of the FSMW broadcast area I just tune into an occasional night game on KMOX until the ASB. After the ASB I try to follow every game I can and try to read STLtoday.com. My son and I catch them in Cincy and Atlanta and might make it to Jupiter this spring.

The pitching staff seems to be a constant salvage operation back to 2006. To have the success they have with the crushing injuries to even their ace starter is amazing. Have to worry if the farm system can continue to provide starters on the mound and in the field when needed. But as we know these are the end times, the apocalypse is in full swing with the......well can't bring myself to think, say, write it. You know. That which must never be repeated.

Sorry for not responding. It's been too long, man. Sorry for not responding to your post.

You're from Tennessee? I'm shocked that FSMW is out of your area. At least KMOX is still there? And if you do make a game to Jupiter, I'd love to hear it.

Yeah, every single year, we seem to have lost a top pitcher to injury. We're fortunate to have the depth we have. And I'm not concerned about the farm system. We're blessed with a wealth of options when it comes to pitching. And yeah, they-who-must-never-be-named doing the thing...I still puke in my mouth when I hear people singing their praises.