Baseball is Finally Here!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, Barry Bonds has been named as an assistant hitting coach by Don Mattingly (Marlins).

Memento

Name
Jemma
LAWL. I'm laughing my ass off at Greinke joining the Diamondbacks. What a coup for them.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
braves tickets on sale today for orlando...............

Memento

Name
Jemma
Dodgers have ripped off the Reds by getting Chapman and not having to send Seager or Urias their way. Suddenly, you look very scary.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And of course, the deal fell apart due to domestic violence issues. Of course.

Praying that Perdomo isn't taken in the Rule 5 Draft.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Cardinals trade Jon Jay to the San Diego Padres for Jedd Gyorko (pronounced jerk-o). Good trade for both teams.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Ugh, why didn't we add Perdomo to the 40-man roster? Why Kiekheifer? So angry. Perdomo's gone to the Rockies in the Rule-5 Draft, and we're probably not getting him back. If we lose Heyward, I'm going to be especially pissed now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Dear God in heaven. Heyward signs with the Cubs. Fuck the Cardinals. Obviously they don't want to win. Cheap-ass bastards. Why'd you even trade Miller then, you fucking assholes?!!

Athos

Legend
Dear God in heaven. Heyward signs with the Cubs. freak the Cardinals. Obviously they don't want to win. Cheap-ass bastards. Why'd you even trade Miller then, you freaking assholes?!!

Calm the fuck down. Heyward's mediocre production is not even worth $23 million. The only real issue is Mo's panicked trade after OT passed to trade a stud, cost-controlled pitcher for a guy they likely wouldn't re-sign. Bitch about that. That's understandable.

But I'm glad we're not stuck with Heyward for 8 years at that price. Piscotty will outhit him easily. Just get a good 1B. Or get Upton.

Use the draft picks to draft some hitters to develop.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Calm the freak down. Heyward's mediocre production is not even worth $23 million. The only real issue is Mo's panicked trade after OT passed to trade a stud, cost-controlled pitcher for a guy they likely wouldn't re-sign. Bitch about that. That's understandable.

But I'm glad we're not stuck with Heyward for 8 years at that price. Piscotty will outhit him easily. Just get a good 1B. Or get Upton.

Use the draft picks to draft some hitters to develop.

Piscotty doesn't do half the shit that Heyward does, and he didn't even play in half of the games.

You dealt Miller for nothing, and now you're going to sign a broke-down Alex Gordon or Upton? That fucking blows. A first baseman? Are you fucking kidding me? When we have Moss, Adams, and Piscotty?

All we need is to sign Cueto, and I'll burn my Cardinals shirts.

Do NOT tell me to calm the fuck down about this. We lost out on Price and Heyward. This offseason is a nightmare.

Athos

Legend
You clearly do. Price got an insane contract when he's not even in the top 10 of pitchers pitching right now.

And Piscotty has hardly any games logged at 1B.

Moss blows. Adams can't stay heathy.

Heyward didn't do jack shit with the stick for about two months. Piscotty and Pham basically carried us down the stretch and were the only ones hitting in the playoffs. And Piscotty had 40RBIs and 7 HRs. 20 and 6 fewer respectively despite having over 350 fewer plate appearances. Gimme a break.

You grossly overrated Hewyards ability. Saber metric Bs. Was hitting in the middle of the lineup all year and couldn't sniff Carps production at lead off.

Outfield D is great, but you aren't getting nearly as many chances as a stud IF would to make plays.

Yea we need a bat and a pitcher. Heyward isn't it and Price was grossly overpaid for what he provides, which are pretty shitty playoff numbers.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Sabermetrics has its uses. And Heyward is consistently one of the best all-around outfielders in the game.

Moss is still on the team. And I have faith in Adams, but with Moss on the team, I fully expect Big City to be dealt.

Also, good luck seeing Piscotty bring the same potential on defense and on the basepaths that Heyward did. Of course, Heyward was our only source of stolen bases this year, really.

He still hit .293 for the season, even though he didn't do "jack shit" with the stick for two months. Lead the team in average.

Outfield D saved a ton of runs, and he played all outfield positions. Who's going to man center when Grichuk inevitably gets hurt again? Pham? And if he gets injured per usual? What then?

Playoff numbers only mean shit when we're in the playoffs. I don't even think we'll get a fucking Wild Card spot this year. And if we sign Cueto, I'm done with baseball forever.

nighttrain

Legend
I agree on that bullpen. He couldn't trust his 7th and 8th inning guys so he kept Kershaw in too long. He was great for 6 innings. But no bullpen cost the game. If they wanna get past the hump this year they gotta have a bullpen. They have the starters to go deep.
But this season we have Roberts as Mgr, huge upgrade
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But this season we have Roberts as Mgr, huge upgrade
train
And it's been nice watching the team down here in AZ! Came to camp this year and will see each game through Friday I'm heading home Saturday.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Just the luck of the Cards to have someone important injured. Jhonny Peralta is out for two to three months with a finger ligament tear. Hope Aledmys Diaz is the answer.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
My grandson is trying out for little league this year. Took him to the park today to toss the ball around. They had just cut the grass and it was about 70 degrees and sunny. Got to love it! Bring on Baseball!

ramfaninfla

I went and watched the Braves @ Marlins in Jupiter on Thursday. I have a buddy coming in from Atlanta this week. So we are heading to Orlando on Friday(18th) for Marlins @ Braves. Then heading right over to Tampa for Braves @ Yankees on Saturday (19th) then back to Orlando Sunday (20th) for Tigers @ Braves. And to finish our little spring training tour on Monday (21st) we are seeing Red Sox @ Cardinals in Jupiter....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having just spent a week in Phoenix and Glendale I'm so ready for baseball!

dodgers2.jpg
dodgersblues.jpg
28hzkee.jpg
article-2727930-209FF00300000578-285_634x660.jpg
296A37F000000578-3114150-Head_turning_Blonde_Charlotte_added_a_Dodgers_baseball_cap_to_he-a-18_1433680219668.jpg

ramfaninfla

just got back from the Cardinals / Red Sox game. place was packed 7,600 + people there. good times