Baseball 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wouldn't let Carpenter go. Sierra is intriguing as he has what this Cardinals team has lacked for many years.......speed. I don't want to see another team do to the Cardinals what the Cardinals did to the Cubs over 50 years ago. I'm not saying Sierra is that type of player....I just don't want to give up on him too early. Speed is precious as there is no defense for it and it can't be taught.

This team misses Holliday's leadership. Terrible defense (for the Cardinals) and a starting rotation that runs too hot or too cold and closers that all too often don't. Despite all the bad luck and self inflicted misery this team can make September exciting. It might be one of those years.

Sierra is intriguing for sure, but you have to give to get. Stanton is worth getting.

As for Carp, he's awful defensively and costs a ton of money for his production. Trade him to an AL team for a good prospect, and I wouldn't be upset. I'd rather have Piscotty at first. And Lynn, Oh, and Rosenthal should be traded as well. We have too many good prospects to add to a forty-man roster to lose them, and this team, as it is, is not a contender.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
To my Yankee friends. Watching Montgomery pitch is like watching paint dry. Throw the damn ball!!!

Worse than Buchholz.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, as much fun as it is watching these Yankee kids play, it is painful to watch at the same time. Between clueless Joe's brainless managing and the bullpen giving up every close lead, it is pure misery

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Man, as much fun as it is watching these Yankee kids play, it is painful to watch at the same time. Between clueless Joe's brainless managing and the bullpen giving up every close lead, it is pure misery

Last night felt like a couple of years ago. Haven't enjoyed a Sox/Yanks game like that in a while. Kind of crappy way to win but the intensity felt alive last night.

Tonight should or this afternoon should be a great matchup!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last night felt like a couple of years ago. Haven't enjoyed a Sox/Yanks game like that in a while. Kind of crappy way to win but the intensity felt alive last night.

Tonight should or this afternoon should be a great matchup!
Having a hard time feeling the love. There's really no player on the Sox that I hate, I guess Hanley would be the closest but I don't dislike him. As soon as Betts got on base, at best I knew you guys were going to tie it. I figured Peddy was gonna hit a gapper, and turned off the game once they pulled off the double steal.
Chapman just doesn't miss any bats
Sale will shut us down today, he will strike out at least 12. I'd love to think Severino can stay with him, but I doubt it. They'll run his pitch count up like last night and he'll go 5-6 innings max.
Tomorrow is a disaster for us, as we know game 1 starter can only go 3-4 innings tops

Memento

Name
Jemma
@dieterbrock How do you feel about trading for Lance Lynn? He's a workhorse starter. Goes through a lot of innings, doesn't hurt you at all. Only reason the Cardinals consider trading him is because his contract ends after this year.

Any third base prospects you can trade us?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Having a hard time feeling the love. There's really no player on the Sox that I hate, I guess Hanley would be the closest but I don't dislike him. As soon as Betts got on base, at best I knew you guys were going to tie it. I figured Peddy was gonna hit a gapper, and turned off the game once they pulled off the double steal.
Sale will shut us down today, he will strike out at least 12. I'd love to think Severino can stay with him, but I doubt it. They'll run his pitch count up like last night and he'll go 5-6 innings max.
Tomorrow is a disaster for us, as we know game 1 starter can only go 3-4 innings tops

What a game today. I get not hating anyone, I feel the same but that will change if we keep seeing games like this.

Actually I hate Mintomery. He is good but painful to watch lol.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Severino was awesome, kid is nasty!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@dieterbrock How do you feel about trading for Lance Lynn? He's a workhorse starter. Goes through a lot of innings, doesn't hurt you at all. Only reason the Cardinals consider trading him is because his contract ends after this year.

Any third base prospects you can trade us?
You can have Chase Headley though!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a game today. I get not hating anyone, I feel the same but that will change if we keep seeing games like this.

Actually I hate Mintomery. He is good but painful to watch lol.
Its really only fun when they are both fighting for 1st place, been years since that happened

Memento

Name
Jemma
You can have Chase Headley though!

Nah, we've got Gyorko. What we're looking for is a good prospect third baseman. Wisdom is an AAA player, Bryce Denton had to be moved to the outfield (and his bat is horrible there as well, so I don't even count him as a top prospect...). Any chance we could get Miguel Andujar? :p

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
So what exactly did Holiday just do. Every runner should do that on every double play. I hate Holiday now lol.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what exactly did Holiday just do. Every runner should do that on every double play. I hate Holiday now lol.
Ridiculous. No idea how they screwed that up. They had a review and everything
But Sox will win now so its all right

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defense can be worked on. Would you deal him for Lynn?
I wouldn't. First off, starting pitching isn't the Yankees issue, their bullpen has been killing them. I'd prefer they keep the youth movement going and call up Chance Adams to fill Pineda spot. Secondly, now that Gleyber Torres wrecked himself, Andujar is our only shot at 3B. As a fan he seems an awful good prospect for a mid season rental, and Im not all that keen on Lynn, number don't pop off the chart

Memento

Name
Jemma
I wouldn't. First off, starting pitching isn't the Yankees issue, their bullpen has been killing them. I'd prefer they keep the youth movement going and call up Chance Adams to fill Pineda spot. Secondly, now that Gleyber Torres wrecked himself, Andujar is our only shot at 3B. As a fan he seems an awful good prospect for a mid season rental, and Im not all that keen on Lynn, number don't pop off the chart

What about Trevor Rosenthal and Seung Hwan-Oh? Both of them have closer experience and are pretty good bullpen arms. Oh, in particular wants to go to a coast team, and Rosenthal, despite being a Boras client, has some years of arbitration left.

Or, if you feel like Andujar is the only shot you have at third, why not trade Gleyber Torres instead? :p

Last edited: