Baseball 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
All about my Cleveland Indians.

Starting to heat up and the starting rotation still hasn't played as well as they're capable of. Encarnacion is starting to heat up..

More struggles than I've thought to start the season, but IMO we're the best team in the AL
Funny thing is that the bullpen imploding is more of the reason why they hit the skids.

I know lol, but that should fix itself.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
It was a matter of time before that rotation started to catch up to them a little. CC has been getting by with smoke and mirrors, Montgomery has pitched well but bound to hit some bumps. I like Severino and they will need to get something out of Cessa too. And of course there is always Pineda, he has some of the best stuff in the league but never seems to put it all together. Kind of reminds me of Buchholz.

That being said, the bats will keep the Yankees in the race all year.
Yeah, I think so too. Yankees are a year or two away from the World Series, but they should seriously make the playoffs and some noise along the way this season. Just don't deal the farm unless it's Mateo and they will be fine.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think so too. Yankees are a year or two away from the World Series, but they should seriously make the playoffs and some noise along the way this season. Just don't deal the farm unless it's Mateo and they will be fine.

I agree on the prospects but the Yanks are flush with prospects 20-23 years of age. There could be a legit Ace type pitcher they could get that is more a long term solution as opposed to a rental. Not all those prospects are going to fit with the big club. Packaging a few could really bolster the roster both short and long term. Im a Red Sox fan so Im not going to pretend I know what you have at AA and below but the Yankees could make some noise if the right player became available.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clippard is my favorite Yankee right now lol.
Clippard is like the kid in that Cheesy Baseball movie from like 30 years ago. The one where the kid injures his shoulder and can throw 140 mph, then in a game, he falls on the shoulder and loses it....

That said, Clippard was the "star" of the bullpen last night. He "only" walked 2 guys, forcing in a run in his 27 pitch inning.
Severino walks none in 7 innings and the Yankees Bullcrap, I mean Bullpen walks 6, hits 1 guy in 1, 2/3 inning

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Enough with this Yankee talk

image.jpeg

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers now have the best record in baseball. 60-29, first team to sixty and before the ASG. Yay!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I want the Cardinals to get Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins. I'd put together a package of Luke Weaver, Magneuris Sierra, Edmundo Sosa, Randal Grichuk, and Aledmys Diaz for Stanton and maybe another player from the Marlins.

I'd also find a way to trade Matt Carpenter, Lance Lynn, Seung Hwan-Oh, and Trevor Rosenthal. Whether that's for a roster player or prospects, I don't know. I hear Josh Donaldson, but I don't like that he's on the wrong side of thirty, and we'd have to include Gyorko, which I don't want to do.

bnw

Pro Bowler
I want the Cardinals to get Giancarlo Stanton from the Marlins. I'd put together a package of Luke Weaver, Magneuris Sierra, Edmundo Sosa, Randal Grichuk, and Aledmys Diaz for Stanton and maybe another player from the Marlins.

I'd also find a way to trade Matt Carpenter, Lance Lynn, Seung Hwan-Oh, and Trevor Rosenthal. Whether that's for a roster player or prospects, I don't know. I hear Josh Donaldson, but I don't like that he's on the wrong side of thirty, and we'd have to include Gyorko, which I don't want to do.

I wouldn't let Carpenter go. Sierra is intriguing as he has what this Cardinals team has lacked for many years.......speed. I don't want to see another team do to the Cardinals what the Cardinals did to the Cubs over 50 years ago. I'm not saying Sierra is that type of player....I just don't want to give up on him too early. Speed is precious as there is no defense for it and it can't be taught.

This team misses Holliday's leadership. Terrible defense (for the Cardinals) and a starting rotation that runs too hot or too cold and closers that all too often don't. Despite all the bad luck and self inflicted misery this team can make September exciting. It might be one of those years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

See I don't get wanting Stanton. Guy has played 150 or more games once in his 8 years and other year of 145. Sell the farm for a guy who usually plays about 100 games a year? Not a chance IMO.

For the Dodgers I could see us possibly adding a Lefty in the pen and maybe a Righty starter. Not sure they do anything drastic other than the pen piece. Maybe Doolittle from the A's though he has injury concerns.

Memento

Name
Jemma
See I don't get wanting Stanton. Guy has played 150 or more games once in his 8 years and other year of 145. Sell the farm for a guy who usually plays about 100 games a year? Not a chance IMO.

For the Dodgers I could see us possibly adding a Lefty in the pen and maybe a Righty starter. Not sure they do anything drastic other than the pen piece. Maybe Doolittle from the A's though he has injury concerns.

It's technically not selling the farm. The Cardinals have a ton of prospects that are ready to be added onto the forty-man roster. Flaherty, Alcantara, Fernandez, Bader, etc. And we have the ability to absorb Stanton's cap hit.

And I want him because he's a legitimate middle-of-the-order bat, which we desperately need. We're putting Stephen Piscotty in the three-hole. Piscotty is good, but not that good.

Also, if you want a left-handed reliever, the Cardinals have four on our roster.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, congrats to you Yankees fans for Aaron Judge winning the Home Run Derby. He's a stud. Wish that we had him.