Barwin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
Anyone know if Connor Barwin has re-signed? I would NOT want to lose him. I would think he'd do anything to stay with this D.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone know if Connor Barwin has re-signed? I would NOT want to lose him. I would think he'd do anything to stay with this D.
Nope, hasn't re-signed. But hasn't signed anywhere else yet either.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Barwin's not the fastest, but he's smart, knows football and is good against the run. He gets an occasional sack. Good vet depth.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Barwin's not the fastest, but he's smart, knows football and is good against the run. He gets an occasional sack. Good vet depth.
My thoughts exactly... he always seems a bit late to register a sack or TFL at times but he’s smart and knows how to get get into a good position. I don’t consider him a liability while out there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We don't need to be in a rush to sign him since we don't know how the draft is gonna play out.

I expect him to be signed shortly after the draft IF we sign him.

I think round 2 of FA will be interesting, but I don't think we'll be big players there, especially if this OBJ thing happens.

As for people wondering how we could do this, Donald could get his money and some extra with guarantees that if he's on the roster as of the third day of the current league year, (he is) then his 2019 bonuses are guaranteed. They could also make his 2020 bonuses guaranteed. That way they would have flex in how it's structured so that AD is guaranteed his money and we have the cap space. He doesn't seem to want all his money now and I think the Rams would be willing to guarantee a significant percentage of the contract with that flex.

If we got OBJ, for example, AD wouldn't necessarily make any more money than he's scheduled to make, but he'd be guaranteed probably $80M over the next few years even, Heaven Forbid, something happened. He'd just get it in things like guaranteed Roster bonuses and/or other things that allow for contract flex while guaranteeing AD the money.

Trust me, if AD wanted that massive signing bonus and wanted his money now, Suh wouldn't be a Ram.

And I think AD would be okay with an offense that allowed him to play one dimensional for half the game and simply pin his ears back with Suh and Brockers and FEAST.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
We are going to have a lot of youth at linebacker, with at least one rookie starting maybe two and a second year player in Ebukam starting. It would be a good thing to have his veteran leadership, someone to show the young pups the way. I hope he resigns.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
We are going to have a lot of youth at linebacker, with at least one rookie starting maybe two and a second year player in Ebukam starting. It would be a good thing to have his veteran leadership, someone to show the young pups the way. I hope he resigns.

Agreed! I also hope the Rams resign Barwin!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
We also need someone to call the defensive signals. Barwin might be that guy, otherwise might need to be someone in the secondary such as Joyner.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Honestly I was happy about the signing but in reality he was pretty marginal for us. I think our younger guys can offer as much if not more and they are already bought and paid for.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
Im sorry someone convince me...he seemed slow and a liability out there against the pass. I would rather see what the rookie last year could do. Ebukam?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, not sure what I'm missing here. Barwin was barely adequate last year, got hurt, and now is a year older...
Don't really see why he needs to come back

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We also need someone to call the defensive signals. Barwin might be that guy, otherwise might need to be someone in the secondary such as Joyner.
Barron or the other ILB can call the signals.

How hard can it be? Hey you guys back there, cover. You guys up front, go get the QB/RB. Hey QB, is your life insurance up to date?

fearsomefour

Legend
Im sorry someone convince me...he seemed slow and a liability out there against the pass. I would rather see what the rookie last year could do. Ebukam?
And they young guys seemed to struggle with contain vs the run.
At a low costs his experience is worth it I think.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Barwin was a disappointment if you were looking for him to get back to his Eagles form from a couple years ago. But at a vet min salary, he's a bargain for what he brings in terms of experience, culture, and solid fundamentals. Would expect him to take more of a rotational/background role, but at a thin position where we expect to be grooming youth, and don't necessarily need an all-star given our DT/DE rotation, he's a flexible and valuable asset, imo.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The Rams know what they have in Barwin minus 1 year on his aging body.

They're going to try to shore up his position and if they feel they haven't done it will probably bring Barwin back as a last resort measure. (IMO)