Barron...Ready for some Revenge..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Hopefully Barron will be on fire this Sunday! He still feels slighted by the Bucs for trading him. Hopefully it will translate into an EPIC game for him!!

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-...eeling-blind-sided-disrespected-by-bucs-trade

TAMPA, Fla. -- Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety and current Los Angeles Rams linebacker Mark Barron said Wednesday that he had a rough time when the Bucs traded him to the Rams in 2014 for fourth-round and sixth-round draft picks.

“I wouldn’t say it hurt. I don’t feel like it was the way it should have happened,” Barron said. “I don’t think it was respectful at all, in my opinion.”

He admitted he was completely blindsided by it. “I didn’t know anything about the situation. I didn’t even know it was being talked about.”

Bradley McDougald, who is still with the team, took over Barron’s strong safety position.

Barron said that even though Smith isn’t there anymore, he still feels extra incentive any time he plays the Bucs, to show them that they were wrong for letting him go. “Most definitely,” Barron said. “I always feel that way every time I face that team, even though it’s a different staff. I most definitely approach the game that way.”

The Rams converted him to an outside linebacker, although his role is more as a hybrid than a true outside linebacker. He still has significant coverage responsibilities.

“I don’t go back and play halves, but they still ask me to do a lot as far as coverage. ... I’m closer to the ball,” Barron said. “I feel like I was always a guy that was around the ball, even though it was from a safety position. So now it’s closer to it and I can get to everything faster, which allows me to make more plays.”

The change paid off. Barron led the Rams last year with 116 combined tackles, a sack, five pass breakups and three forced fumbles in 12 starts. Through two starts this season, he has 13 combined tackles and three pass breakups.

“When I came out here, I was pretty much placed in a group of guys who approached the game the same way I did,” Barron said. “I’m happy that it happened. I feel like it was one of the better things that happened in my career.”

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It always made me mad that Lovie talked Mike Martz into letting London Fletcher walk and replacing him with Jamie Duncan. But I have to hand it to Lovie, in his second tenure with the Bucs, he made two personnel moves that really, really helped the Rams D:

1) trading us Mark Barron, where we were able to find value in him that he couldn't; and
2) not drafting Aaron Donald, who seemed like the prototypical DT for his defense. I remember watching that draft thinking there was no way Donald got past #7, and when they turned in the card for Mike Evans (to be fair, a good pick), I thought "holy shinola, we might actually have a chance to get AD."

And the rest is history ...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It always made me mad that Lovie talked Mike Martz into letting London Fletcher walk and replacing him with Jamie Duncan. But I have to hand it to Lovie, in his second tenure with the Bucs, he made two personnel moves that really, really helped the Rams D:

1) trading us Mark Barron, where we were able to find value in him that he couldn't; and
2) not drafting Aaron Donald, who seemed like the prototypical DT for his defense. I remember watching that draft thinking there was no way Donald got past #7, and when they turned in the card for Mike Evans (to be fair, a good pick), I thought "holy shinola, we might actually have a chance to get AD."

^^ I'm pretty sure he was fired over the reasons you just stated. :rolllaugh:

tempests

Hall of Fame
not drafting Aaron Donald, who seemed like the prototypical DT for his defense. I remember watching that draft thinking there was no way Donald got past #7, and when they turned in the card for Mike Evans (to be fair, a good pick), I thought "holy shinola, we might actually have a chance to get AD."

I never understood the Donald to Bucs rumors. Gerald McCoy was already an All Pro at the same position.

jap

Legend
As long as Mark hurts the Bucs and helps us, he can make up whatever reason he wants to get fired up this Sunday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
“When I came out here, I was pretty much placed in a group of guys who approached the game the same way I did,” Barron said. “I’m happy that it happened. I feel like it was one of the better things that happened in my career.”
" And he will prove it on Sunday!!(y)(y):D:yess::mrburnsevil:

Bruce2980

Starter

I didn't know that about London Fletcher. I'm pissed now, and I still have not forgotten Lovie losing us the Super Bowl with his prevent the win defense.
But I do love the Mark Barron move, and the Aaron Donald move (didn't know that one either). But until we win this next Super Bowl with these great players, Lovie gets no love form me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has really stood out in coverage too lately. Dude is gonna be fired up!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I never understood the Donald to Bucs rumors. Gerald McCoy was already an All Pro at the same position.

Aaron Donald and Gerald McCoy would probably create the greatest inside rush of all time. No QB would be able to step up in the pocket.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aaron Donald and Gerald McCoy would probably create the greatest inside rush of all time.
Reggie White...and Brown...Reggie didn't always line up at DT...but he was a force...Never before seen...speed, power...and I mean POWERFUL man...Changed games from the DT position...reminds me of Donald...rather Aaron reminds me of Reggie...Jerome Brown was a beast too...Anytime I see a 100 yards rushing...it pisses me off...I doubt those Eagles ever allowed a 100 yards on the ground when those two played...

Oh yeah...you gotta love Barron's game...now he's defending some passes too...looks better than what people have been saying about him...I wouldn't doubt he leads the team in PBU's at the end of the year....