Barrett Jones!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How will Barrett Jones do?

• Replaces Wells and does well

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • The offensive line is a black hole

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Won't even play on the offensive line

Votes: 35 48.6%

• Total voters

xander47

Rookie
Barrett Jones is probable for the next game! Finally game action! How do you think he'll do?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Probably won't play but I'd be interested to see him in the game.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd figure him to play only on special teams OL initially, especially since Robinson has graduated from the PAT OL to starting guard. Get him some experience that way.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd figure him to play only on special teams OL initially, especially since Robinson has graduated from the PAT OL to starting guard. Get him some experience that way.
Good point.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Though I'd like to see him become the starting center...I think his future may be top reserve along the line. Which isn't to say is a bad thing...

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Do you really expect him to hit the ground running this weekend? Has he even had a full week of practice?

Even if Wells were to get injured this sunday, they'd probably go with Barnes as a stop-gap.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He's going to need some time to acclimated. I'm sure he has the playbook down mentally, but he's played a handful of preseason snaps and practices. Hopefully by the end of the season he'll get some sort of real playing time. With Barnes probably out this sunday, he might get a shot at special teams.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd play him instead of Wells. Wells has been one of the worst centers in the league this year, Jones can't be any worse.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Do you really expect him to hit the ground running this weekend? Has he even had a full week of practice?

Even if Wells were to get injured this sunday, they'd probably go with Barnes as a stop-gap.
Barnes is hurt, probably out for this game...I'd throw him in there too...If he can play, great...He CAN'T be worse than Wells....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This seems logical.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Let the man play - after nearly 2 years since he's has meaningful game experience, he will be pretty rusry

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Wells is just KILLING me. If you buy into Pro Football Focus stats, Wells is dead last among 38 centers they've graded by a good margin. Dead last in pass blocking. 3rd worst in run blocking.

Realize this is not PFF just picking on the Rams. They have Barksdale rated as the 6th best T of 72 and tied for top RT. Saffold is the 17th ranked G out of 72. Long is the 35th ranked T (mostly because of run blocking). The fact that they have Wells ranked so badly should not surprise anyone who is watching Rams games. Nor should it surprise anyone that they had Joseph at #67 ranking out of 72 Gs, but he's been replaced by Robinson so I'm happy about that. The biggest problem is that our OPPONENTS have realized that Wells (along with Joseph) is the weak link in the chain, and attack the middle of our line with impunity and frankly with ample success.

An a aside, Robinson was +1.5 his first day in PFF stats, a very respectable performance against a difficult opponent.

Tim Barnes? Barrett Jones? I'd welcome either of them. I don't really think it can get much worse than Wells.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wells is just KILLING me. If you buy into Pro Football Focus stats, Wells is dead last among 38 centers they've graded by a good margin. Dead last in pass blocking. 3rd worst in run blocking.

Realize this is not PFF just picking on the Rams. They have Barksdale rated as the 6th best T of 72 and tied for top RT. Saffold is the 17th ranked G out of 72. Long is the 35th ranked T (mostly because of run blocking). The fact that they have Wells ranked so badly should not surprise anyone who is watching Rams games. Nor should it surprise anyone that they had Joseph at #67 ranking out of 72 Gs, but he's been replaced by Robinson so I'm happy about that. Robinson was +1.5 his first day in PFF stats, a very respectable performance against a difficult opponent.

Tim Barnes? Barrett Jones? I'd welcome either of them. I don't really think it can get much worse than Wells.

Well, I don't overly trust PFF's rankings, but even if they're right I'd still want Jones to get some special teams time first, while spending time in the gym now that he's nominally full speed, to build up any strength he's lost. Let him shake a bit of rust off before being thrown unnecessarily into the fire.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Jones is still a couple of weeks away from being at full speed. That he is now full participating in practice is the first step, but lets not fool ourselves in thinking he is even close to being game ready.

Barnes sustained an injury last week while in on the "jumbo" packages near the goalline. His status for this week is questionable at best. Jones may end up being active, but him seeing any real action other than the FG or XP unit is highly unlikely. In the event something happens to Wells, his most likely backup this week would be Person.