Barrett Jones.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Hopefully as soon as he's ready to play. And hopefully he's ready soon.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It sure would help with some wins if he is ready for the roll.
I'm not sure he is. Even if healthy.
One can hope.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It sure would help with some wins if he is ready for the roll.
I'm not sure he is. Even if healthy.
One can hope.

Given the way things have gone since he was drafted, you are probably right, it could be a while. On the hopeful side though, I have heard that he's a very smart guy and had a reputation for great technique in college.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Given the way things have gone since he was drafted, you are probably right, it could be a while. On the hopeful side though, I have heard that he's a very smart guy and had a reputation for great technique in college.
His biggest problem is he just isn't physically strong enough. All the talk in the off season was how he reshaped his body, but he just didn't appear to be able to physically be able to get it done. Barnes at this point is much further along than Jones.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It sure would be nice to see though. All we need is average.
Since Long seems to have mobility issues outside since the injury, maybe play him at guard and kick Grob out to LT.
Grob, Long, Jones, Saffold, Bazzoka.
Heck, I'd try anything after the lack of protection we've been getting.

This would also put Jones between 2 vets.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It sure would be nice to see though. All we need is average.
Since Long seems to have mobility issues outside since the injury, maybe play him at guard and kick Grob out to LT.
Grob, Long, Jones, Saffold, Bazzoka.
Heck, I'd try anything after the lack of protection we've been getting.

This would also put Jones between 2 vets.
Long will not, and cannot play guard. If Jones is going to help anywhere it will be at Guard. And that only happens if they deem Long incapable of being better then Robinson, and it looks as if that decision was made a while ago.

And as bad as everyone seems to think Oline is playing, the majority of the pressure and ultimately the sacks have been due to the brutal blitz pickup by the TEs and RBs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Long will not, and cannot play guard. If Jones is going to help anywhere it will be at Guard. And that only happens if they deem Long incapable of being better then Robinson, and it looks as if that decision was made a while ago.

And as bad as everyone seems to think Oline is playing, the majority of the pressure and ultimately the sacks have been due to the brutal blitz pickup by the TEs and RBs.
One more reason to keep Stacy in more.
I was surprised to see Kendricks get blown up as as bad he did.
Long doesn't seem capable of holding his blog ks at the moment. He can't be 100% healthy.
Why is it that you don't think Long can play guard? Serious question.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
One more reason to keep Stacy in more.
I was surprised to see Kendricks get blown up as as bad he did.
Long doesn't seem capable of holding his blog ks at the moment. He can't be 100% healthy.
Why is it that you don't think Long can play guard? Serious question.
he is 6'7 and doesn't have the body to play guard.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wells has not been very good in pass blocking but unless Jones or Barnes can call the protections, Wells is here to stay. Maybe if Bradford was healthy, but I doubt it even then. With Davis, no way.

The Rams have to go back to some of their Maximum protection sets for a while. Maybe it will slow down the blitzing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
His biggest problem is he just isn't physically strong enough. All the talk in the off season was how he reshaped his body, but he just didn't appear to be able to physically be able to get it done. Barnes at this point is much further along than Jones.

I don't think we know that for sure yet, tbh. If that was true, I'm not so sure the Rams would have kept him around.

I've felt all along this guy is going to pay off for us, and still have some hope that will happen. Even this season.

lockdnram21

Legend
i dont get the fascination with Jones. The guy is a back up at best our future center and og is still in college or on another team and will be free agent after this season

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I bet if he was a Seahawk he would be physically able to play.....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I bet if he was a Seahawk he would be physically able to play.....

That's because he would be working instead of attending Fisher's pool party. Seriously, if you can't practice, then you shouldn't be able to start in a game (I'm looking at you Scott Wells.)

And I don't want to hear about this "Oh, Fisher is just making sure his vets are ready to play on game days." Where exactly has that gotten us so far?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I can't figure out why anyone would have confidence that Jones could play this year. By almost universal opinion he's not very strong. And if Barnes could call the pass pro last year when Wells went down, I don't see why he couldn't this year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
i dont get the fascination with Jones. The guy is a back up at best our future center and og is still in college or on another team and will be free agent after this season
I believe it's just hoping he may be better than what we are currently rolling out there on Sundays. I've never heard anyone accusing him of being a future pro bowler.