Barrett Jones: “I’m Ready to Move on Beyond the Injuries”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jones has a long ways to go IMO. He has missed soooooooo much practice time he cannot possibly be ready to play. His injuries up to this point make me wonder if he could ever be more than a back up. I hope the Rams don't come to rely on him as a starter, or we could have a Setterstrom part two.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Jones has a long ways to go IMO. He has missed soooooooo much practice time he cannot possibly be ready to play. His injuries up to this point make me wonder if he could ever be more than a back up. I hope the Rams don't come to rely on him as a starter, or we could have a Setterstrom part two.
Unfortunately I think your right, however im praying he'll be up to speed next year and will start where as Mr Barnes will be ho's back up and we cut Wells. Saves money and hopefully we have a higher level of play. * crosses fingers*

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's done nothing. I can't get excited about this.
Of course it would be really cool to have another younger OLineman emerge like Robinson this year and Barksdale last year, but i'm not counting on Barrett doing anything.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jones is a guy who is greater than the sum of his parts IMO. Some players are like that. He did the job all over that Bama line, and was replaced at OT and whatnot by better prospects but still performed at a high level wherever he was asked to play.

I still think his future is center. His intelligence and technique will play there. Rams have a need at that position in my estimation, I am just not a big fan of Barnes and Wells is past his window.

I think there's gonna be a lot of surprised Rams fans when this guy finally cracks the lineup. He's calm, intelligent, and consistent with his technique. I think he's gonna step up and surprise by helping this team this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The earliest I see him getting any playing time is next year, barring he remains healthy.

I would however like to see Barnes get some playing time this year, as Wells is supposedly the worst ranked center in the league atm. I understand having a veteran presence next to GROB but Wells is on the decline and we have to figure something out. Would not mind drafting a center earlyish next year if they don't think Barnes or Jones are the future.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"I'm ready to move on beyond the injuries"

I think we all agree on that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well, if he can keep the QB/C exchange clean then I'll have high hopes for him doing better than Wells.