Barksdale

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
So watching this last game I thought Joe Barksdale looked dominant in the pass and run games.... weather washing Peppers out of the run play or easily controlling Mathews in pass rush......so I went back and watched him against the Saints..... and I think that he may be one of the youngsters that pop and become a Great player for the Rams this year......what are your thoughts? If he does should we resign him before the end of the Season? Let me know what you think.....thanks..... Go Rams.....;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I hacent heard his name at and noticed nothing on his side. Thus for, he's playing well. The right side is silent. That's great for an OL'man.

I agree

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If he does well I do think they should be talking but not resigning him until after the season. I don't know how it all would affect the cap numbers but if he knows they want him and can have things outlined that should be good enough to keep him.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Let's see how he fares midseason before extension talks take place. Other than that, Boudreau looks to have turned water into wine with this one. I look forward to seeing his progress with coaching Robinson.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
With what G Robinson is being asked to do, he's doing pretty well, think of the comp he went against. and he's learning a new position during games without having the other starters around him, who will help him greatly during real games.

Barks had a good season last year, and i hope that he continues to improve...again, this was against some TOP pass rushers, and he's working next to someone new at this point, as well.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I really want the Rams to re-up Barksdale on a nice 4-5 year contract extension.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I really like Barksdale too. I think the only reason they struggled to run on his side against the packers was him tipping off the running plays tapping his hand. Faulk mentioned it and I'm sure it didn't take long for a professional coaching staff to figure out. I'm not worried about Barksdale at all. I'm sure the coaches told him about it after reviewing film. Clean that up and he's golden again

rams56

Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best RT we have had since???

What a great waiver wire pickup.
Maybe Slater? I honestly think he may be that good.....Go Rams.... ;)

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
The whole right side of the line has been solid all pre-season. The left hand side has me a bit concerned if Long is not his old self.

But yeah. Joe B will be making himself some money next off-season, it might not be a bad idea to extend him now.

RustyRay

Rookie
He has always had allot of talent. He was a third round pick...The Raiders gave up on him way to early and now the Rams great Oline Coach has really given him the coaching he needed..

Does anyone know if after this season since he is still on his rookie deal if he will be a RFA or URFA? He is the type of player the Rams need to lock up...They developed him now he is hitting his prime and getting his second contract...time for players the Rams develop to stay home and for them to receive the dividends.

Irish

Starter
Barksdale is one of my favorites. I can remember when he got picked up by the Rams and telling my mom (18 year season ticket holder) that he was going to be special and I couldn't believe he was dropped.

I may have been wrong about the "special" part, but he is a great right tackle.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... I hate to throw water on this topic; but the Rams have a lot of players with contracts coming due. Some tough choices ahead.

I like Barksdale and I'll be very happy if an extension can be worked out... But this is one of those situations that a draft pick could save us money (RT)... And his agent may very well advise his client to hit FA. <-- that's where I slide my chips.

rams56

Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best since Fred Miller.
Slater may be the best to ever play RT, certainly top 5.
Barksdale couldn't carry his lunch pale.
True.....if not mistaken. ... he has worked with Slater in the off seasons......which explains alot.... Go Rams.... ;)

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Well... I hate to throw water on this topic; but the Rams have a lot of players with contracts coming due. Some tough choices ahead.

I like Barksdale and I'll be very happy if an extension can be worked out... But this is one of those situations that a draft pick could save us money (RT)... And his agent may very well advise his client to hit FA. <-- that's where I slide my chips.
I agree with that but they have to heavily weigh in how hard it is to actually adequately fill a starting position at OT when evaluating the situation. Maybe I'm just overreacting because of how darn long they had a turnstile at Rt over the years.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He has always had allot of talent. He was a third round pick...The Raiders gave up on him way to early and now the Rams great Oline Coach has really given him the coaching he needed..

Does anyone know if after this season since he is still on his rookie deal if he will be a RFA or URFA? He is the type of player the Rams need to lock up...They developed him now he is hitting his prime and getting his second contract...time for players the Rams develop to stay home and for them to receive the dividends.
UFA 2015