Barksdale vs Wisniewski vs Blalock?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Depends on what our doctors say about Wis' shoulder recovery as I don't like ANY of our options over a possible healthy Wisneiski who can both pass block and run block acording to PFF better by far than anything we have. I've heard recently 4 mill would be his asking and I just saw where the top 10 offensive centers are making closer and over 6 million a year of course with Hudson over 8 mill a year for the insane raiders.

I'm all for drafting Collins at our number 10 pick as his pro day had 6 teams getting interviews with him as his versatility at ORT and OG will be great for him starting as our LG and eventually becoming Barksdales replacement next year or if injury this year as I fully believe there is a drop off after the top 16 players in this draft. Scherff or Collins as our 1st pick unless Snead has a higher BPA and a player drops which I don't see with a Cooper/Mariotta. I even see Scherff gone with the Giants at 1-9.

Of course I already said Barksdale as we need to see through camp after a very short 2 year contract if Barksdale is that far ahead or not as good as Collins shows in camp. That would be a good thing as we should pick up a guard over a reach at one of these QB's in early 2nd round like Petty or some really like Hundley as players Weinke could develop and we may be dropping Davis if that happens.

Personally I want Cann,Tomlinson, or Tre' Jackson in the second round and Gallik as my favorite in the 3rd round to develop if Wis has shoulder problems again. This kid is a mauler and can be a long term steal for us in the third this year. Love his style for us. Wait till he even gets stronger NFL style. Camp competition and the rash of injuries if they continue as they have for years we will be better off.

We had 4 guys that can play center for us get hurt last year in Wells losing 35 lbs with a virus and Jones again with his back Rhaney IR'ed as we are aware of and Barnes had 3 seperate injuries after also getting much bigger muscle wise even over Jones and was showing promise before the rash of injuries started again.

With our History of injuries and not pointing any finger at why. We NEED all the Center help we can get and we can cut those who don't show up after camp and pre-season this year. We should have great depth with 3 rookie studs and maybe a couple UDFA stud finds from Snead to give us GREAT competition this year. We have players that know its their last shot at the apple. Should only have to start the best rookie OG and have the best ORT we have after camp whether rookie or Barksdale at ORT. Barksdales contract will be easy to let go of next year. If he does'nt start he won't earn the contract Demoff loves to set up with playing time incentives.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
SW and Barksdale.

SW I'm not sure what people are seeing to think we are in any way in shape to start the season at center, and the last thing I want is a 4th round rookie starting there and making line calls.

Barksdale because I know he can run block well, and perhaps his pass blocking will improve when not paired with you know who.

This way we can take best OL available regardless of position in the draft.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
Could the Rams be waiting on more info on Jake Long's health and/or retirement? They may see him as an upgrade over Barksdale while still drafting a future starter. Personally I think he's still better than Barksdale will ever be. This is not a shot on Barksdale, he's a legit starter in this league, just bottom 3rd. Long used to be the best left tackle in the league. I think even with his diminished skills, he could be an above average right tackle. I'd like to see them draft Scherff in the 1st, Tomlinson in the 2nd, and sign Blalock and Long. If Long can't or won't play, resign Barksdale.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How in the world could the Rams trust Jake Long to stay healthy? Not to mention expect him to still be viable after two major knee reconstructions - it's not like he looked great coming back from the first one.

In short, just say no to Jake Long.