Barksdale update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ya I too hope Titans sign him. Time to invest draft capital in OL starters & key back up

3 picks in top 4 rds.. W/ trade down

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
I will lose my sh1t if we don't resign barks.
We could lose BPA option in the draft in the first

Even if we do sign him we still don't have a good enough line to go BPA. We need to draft oline in at least 2 of the first 3 rounds.

RamBill

Legend
Barksdale making free-agent visit to Tennessee
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...a-b138-3c7ebb2f1cca.html#.VSQcV9yOUT0.twitter

Back from his honeymoon, Rams free-agent Joe Barksdale is visiting Tennessee this Thursday.

Losing Barksdale to the Titans would be a blow to a Rams offensive line that is looking for starters at center, guard, and right tackle — the latter being the position Barksdale manned for the past two seasons in St. Louis as a starter.

The Titans are looking for a starting right tackle after releasing Michael Oher earlier this offseason. Tennessee is the first known visit made by Barksdale, who got married and went on his honeymoon earlier in the free agency period.

With Jake Long released by the Rams earlier this season, and Mike Person signing with Atlanta in free agency, the Rams have only three offensive tackles on their current offseason roster: Greg Robinson, Garrett Reynolds, and Steven Baker.

Reynolds, a free-agent pickup from Detroit last month, started four games last season at right tackle for the Lions, but guard is considered his best position.

Baker spent the last nine weeks of the 2014 season on the Rams' practice squad, but the East Carolina product has yet to play in an NFL regular-season game.

Veteran Rodger Saffold, obviously, has experience at tackle as well but the Rams prefer him at guard.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I actually like Barks a lot, but I think HE (or his agent) thinks he has the Rams over a barrel. Let him walk. Wonder how far apart they are? Rams may feel Barks has hit his ceiling.
Didn't know we lost Person though. Rams obviously (I hope) think they have talent waiting in the wings. G Rob, Barnes/Jones, Barnes/Jones, Reynolds, Saffold?

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Really not that big of a fan of Barks. I thought the first offer the Rams offered was a little generous. I was a little impatient on wanting to get the oline fixed early, but I'd rather they not over pay and build through the draft for the future. Here's hoping they trade down in the draft and focus primarily on the oline.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still hoping he comes back for a year, maybe two if need be. He's not great, but that will help the Rams develop a younger guy. I just don't want the Rams to HAVE to play multiple rookies on the line. Given the lack of demand for him, I'd think he'd be trying for a year contract at this point.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If he signs with Tennessee, the Rams will most certainly have to sign Blalock or Wiz. I don't want to see two rookies starting, much less three. :eek:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Yea I didn't either. Maybe Wiz doesn't like us? I get the sense that Barks might feel a bit snubbed. Tenn certainly could use him too. Hopefully he doesn't let spite be a part of the decision. He can certainly be a valuable component in our new improved line over the next few years as we WIN THE SB!!! The salary cap is a real though and while we would like to be able to just spend all of Stan's money, that's just not the reality in this sport. I like how the Rams have a value they won't pay more than for the position and I do hope we can come to terms that are amenable with Barks' new bride. Think of the rings, Mrs. Barksdale!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yea I didn't either. Maybe Wiz doesn't like us? I get the sense that Barks might feel a bit snubbed. Tenn certainly could use him too. Hopefully he doesn't let spite be a part of the decision. He can certainly be a valuable component in our new improved line over the next few years as we WIN THE SB!!! The salary cap is a real though and while we would like to be able to just spend all of Stan's money, that's just not the reality in this sport. I like how the Rams have a value they won't pay more than for the position and I do hope we can come to terms that are amenable with Barks' new bride. Think of the rings, Mrs. Barksdale!
Yeah, the last thing the Rams need to do is over pay for Barksdale. He is serviceable at RT but not good enough to demand top dollar. Of course, starting a rookie there is a gamble that would have to pay off this year. The rookie would have to play at least as good as Barksdale which you'd think a 1st rounder could do that.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We need a solid rotation on both sides of the line. The D is set, ha ha (Five first rounders, kiss my ass very much). A heavy OL draft is a must AND Barks has something to contribute.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We need a solid rotation on both sides of the line. The D is set, ha ha (Five first rounders, kiss my ass very much). A heavy OL draft is a must AND Barks has something to contribute.
Sure he does but not at a ridiculous price. I'd like to resign him. But if we don't, I think a guy like Blalock would give us two vet guards that could babysit our rookie and 2nd year OTs. The key then would be the Center and that is anything but settled.

RamBill

Legend
Barksdale will visit Titans
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_1c1cd324-0cb2-5c07-9901-ab2a01884e73.html

After weeks of inertia, there is finally movement on the Joe Barksdale front, but not the kind of movement that is necessarily good for the Rams. Barksdale, the team’s starting right tackle for the past two seasons, will make a free-agent visit to Tennessee on Thursday.

The Titans are looking for a starting right tackle since releasing Michael Oher earlier this offseason. Tennessee is the first known visit made by Barksdale, who got married and then went on a honeymoon earlier in the free-agency period.

Losing Barksdale to the Titans would be a blow to a Rams offensive line that is looking for starters at center, guard and right tackle (if Barksdale leaves).

With Jake Long released by the Rams earlier this season, and Mike Person signing with Atlanta in free agency, the Rams have only three offensive tackles on their current offseason roster: Greg Robinson, Garrett Reynolds and Steven Baker.

Reynolds, a free-agent pickup from Detroit last month, started four games last season at right tackle for the Lions, but guard is considered his best position. Baker spent the last nine weeks of the 2014 season on the Rams’ practice squad, but the East Carolina product has yet to play in an NFL regular-season game.

Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft last season, is slated to be the Rams’ starting left tackle in 2015. Veteran Rodger Saffold, obviously has experience at tackle as well, but the Rams prefer him at guard.

REYNOLDS SIGNS

Running back Chase Reynolds, one of the Rams’ core special teams players, has signed his one-year, $585,000 tender with the team as an exclusive rights free agent. Reynolds led the Rams in special teams tackles last season with 19.

PRACTICES SCHEDULED

The Rams have scheduled their spring practices known as OTAs for the following dates: June 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 15, 16, 18, 19. The sessions at Rams Park are closed to the public. Once again, the team will not have a mandatory veterans minicamp. The start of the formal offseason conditioning program is April. 20.

LOCAL VISITS

Four St. Louis area draft prospects visited Rams Park on Monday for the team’s local pro day: Missouri wide receiver Jimmie Hunt (Cahokia High); Southern Illinois Carbondale tight end MyCole Pruitt (Kirkwood High); Kansas and Findlay tight end Charles Brooks (Maplewood High); and Northwest Missouri State cornerback Travis Manning (Belleville West High).

Unlike the “top 30” pre-draft visits reserved usually for more high-profile players, those attending the local pro day can work out for Rams coaches. Former SIUC quarterback Kory Faulkner of Ste. Genevieve, who was on San Francisco’s offseason roster a year ago, threw for Hunt, Pruitt and Brooks.

HOOPS FOR HOPE

Registration is open for Rams wide receiver Chris Givens’ 3-on-3 Hoops for Hope charity basketball tournament May 9 at Lindenwood University. A celebrity basketball game follows. Registration for the event, which benefits Lift for Life, is at stlouisrams.com/hoopsforhope.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Ya I too hope Titans sign him. Time to invest draft capital in OL starters & key back up

3 picks in top 4 rds.. W/ trade down

I won't disagree with you, but I don't see Fisher playing more than 1 rookie on the O-line as a starter. I am all for investing multiple picks on O-line this draft. However, it will be for the future and expect only 1 to start and the remaining players to be backups.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I won't disagree with you, but I don't see Fisher playing more than 1 rookie on the O-line as a starter. I am all for investing multiple picks on O-line this draft. However, it will be for the future and expect only 1 to start and the remaining players to be backups.

Have a feeling Fisher is going in another direction. Last season the Rams wanted to trade back up for Zack Martin and IMO, Fisher wants the OL to be younger and better. Blalock after the draft, but come September Morn there will be a new RT and Center.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher might not have a choice.

As we sit here today (understanding things may change), what is currently on the roster for the line is basically well below average or still very raw.