Bargain Shopping In Free Agency.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
Hakeem Nicks

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281400/giants-not-expected-to-re-sign-hakeem-nicks

The New York Daily News considers the Giants unlikely to re-sign free agent Hakeem Nicks.

They'll move forward with Rueben Randle at X, Victor Cruz potentially at Z, and Jerrel Jernigan in the slot. "I’m just talking about being in situations where the ball would be there and perhaps a couple of times he didn’t go for the ball,' coach Tom Coughlin said of Nicks' contract year. "A couple of other times he just wasn’t able to get himself open on a continuous basis. It just wasn’t a very productive year." Though he's only 26, Nicks has more name than game at this point in his career. He's gone 18 straight games without a touchdown.
Source: New York Daily News
Jan 3 - 5:34 PM

He is a guy would be very interested in, especially since the cost to bring him would not be as much, at least as expected it to be coming into this year. I think he is a guy who just needs a change of scenery. I think he could be a low risk high reward FA signing for us this year.

Thoughts?

Alan

Legend
Is there some reason you think he'd suddenly become successful here?

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there some reason you think he'd suddenly become successful here?

No reason in particular. He is just a guy that I think we could get cheap, with potential upside. If he sucks, then he sucks and we cut him.

I have always liked him, but he has always been injured. Then he finally plays a full season and doesn't get even 1 TD. That whole team was a mess this year.

Change of team and atmosphere does players well sometimes. Maybe it could work in our favor for once.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I would love to see a couple key free agent signings that would free us up to get creative with our high round picks. If we could pull off a combo of 2 of the 3 OL, WR or DB that could start, the draft would suddenly be real fun to watch. Lets be honest drafting an OL is about the lease interesting high first round pick imaginable, even if it is the most responsible one.

Name
JP
I would love to see a couple key free agent signings that would free us up to get creative with our high round picks. If we could pull off a combo of 2 of the 3 OL, WR or DB that could start, the draft would suddenly be real fun to watch. Lets be honest drafting an OL is about the lease interesting high first round pick imaginable, even if it is the most responsible one.

Forget being responsible, I want EXCITEMENT! :woot::woot::woot:

Alan

Legend
rfip the second returning my call:
No reason in particular. He is just a guy that I think we could get cheap, with potential upside. If he sucks, then he sucks and we cut him.

I have always liked him, but he has always been injured. Then he finally plays a full season and doesn't get even 1 TD. That whole team was a mess this year.

Change of team and atmosphere does players well sometimes. Maybe it could work in our favor for once.

OK.

So I'm not sure how I feel. It's dependent on other factors but I know who is. Snead and Fisher. They have access to all the really great tape and they will probably look at every play he's been involved with as a pro. If we do end up bringing him in I bet that means they see something good.

For myself, He's already failed and we already have a bunch of WR we have to baby along. On the other hand, if we can't find any other decent WRs then why not sign him to a contract that is contingent upon him making the team with a signing bonus. His agent knows we have openings on our WR corps and that we will be one of his better chances to get his career back. But that's only if he's not taking reps from another WR we signed. Then again we need to have some extra WRs for TC.

So that answer was clear as mud. :lol:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hakeem Nicks

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281400/giants-not-expected-to-re-sign-hakeem-nicks

The New York Daily News considers the Giants unlikely to re-sign free agent Hakeem Nicks.

They'll move forward with Rueben Randle at X, Victor Cruz potentially at Z, and Jerrel Jernigan in the slot. "I’m just talking about being in situations where the ball would be there and perhaps a couple of times he didn’t go for the ball,' coach Tom Coughlin said of Nicks' contract year. "A couple of other times he just wasn’t able to get himself open on a continuous basis. It just wasn’t a very productive year." Though he's only 26, Nicks has more name than game at this point in his career. He's gone 18 straight games without a touchdown.
Source: New York Daily News
Jan 3 - 5:34 PM

He is a guy would be very interested in, especially since the cost to bring him would not be as much, at least as expected it to be coming into this year. I think he is a guy who just needs a change of scenery. I think he could be a low risk high reward FA signing for us this year.

Thoughts?

He's been on record he wants to play for Cam Newton in his home state of Carolina

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

hell no. Don't the rams have enough injury risk players? This guy is always nicked up.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Nicks is a stud, he had an injury that slowed him down. Dude will look great in horns. I think he is one of the best in the league when healthy.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nicks is better than anything we have right now at wr...sign me up

Name
JP
would rather go after james jones

I've never been a fan of Jones. I know he had a bunch of TDs last year, just think he is a product of Rodgers. I don't like his hands either. Plus I think Nicks would be cheaper than Jones.

iced