Banks: Why the Rams Will take Sammy Watkins at #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
On Thursday’s SI Now, Sports Illustrated senior writer Don Banks breaks down the depth in this year’s NFL draft and says he could see as many as four quarterbacks taken in the 1st round and six receivers. He says the Rams are in love with the idea of putting Watkins with Sam Bradford and Tavon Austin. (2:41)

Watch Banks Talk Draft and the Rams at #2

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Stedman Bailey, Tavin Austin, Jared Cook, and Sammy Watkins catching passes for Sam Bradford does sound appealing but again as long as the blocking is there, and that's the rub.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Stedman Bailey, Tavin Austin, Jared Cook, and Sammy Watkins catching passes for Sam Bradford does sound appealing but again as long as the blocking is there, and that's the rub.

As long as we draft a guy that can anchor and not take out Long's knee then we're good.

I never got to actually see that play...

FRO

Legend
The video wouldn't load on my phone. Does Banks have sources, or is it his opinion?

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The video wouldn't load on my phone. Does Banks have sources, or is it his opinion?

It was his opinion. He has Watkins going to the Rams in his own Mock Draft. He doesn't site any source in the video.

FRO

Legend
It was his opinion. He has Watkins going to the Rams in his own Mock Draft. He doesn't site any source in the video.
That sucks. I was hoping he had a source. Having a trio of Austin, Bailey, and Watkins would be dynamic. I would then trade up from 13 for Matthews. That's my dream scenario, provided Clowney goes first.