Balzer on the Robinson is "Struggling" Stories

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Howard Balzer on all the coverage of the Robinson is "Struggling" Story

Total over-reach. I was at the interview, and he merely said he struggled at times with getting comfortable, which is a real shock considering they had all of nine practices! I asked him the difference between Day One and that day, and he said huge how far he's come. Somehow that didn't make it in the articles.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Thank you RamBill.

We're still 30 Zac Stacy days from Training camp! "Struggling" Come on. We have a future monster LT lining up between, and learning from two All-Pro's. He couldn't be in a better place. That's the story!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Yeah, nothing to worry about. Every rookie goes through minor transition pains but Robinson will turn out just fine.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ohhh great another Jason Smith... ;)
You put that in blue, but I actually went over to Rams talk for some reason and saw a thread on that and multiple posters were already comparing him to Jason Smith.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Lesson one when dealing with the press ,never be honest, cuz they aren't

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
You put that in blue, but I actually went over to Rams talk for some reason and saw a thread on that and multiple posters were already comparing him to Jason Smith.
Is it odd that I haven't been to Ramstalk for awhile? I don't think I miss some of those guys/gals amazing and creative logic.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Journalism and reporting has become a race to the bottom, who can get the clicks is all that matters. It's become moronic because we are a nation of lowbrow morons who devour reality tv drivel and feast on the lowest common denominator style reporting. It's what America wants, we've become a nation of Homer Simpsons.

There will never be intelligent discourse from the mainstream media, it doesn't sell. And with information in our hands and pockets 24/7 they have a line in the water all the time, it's so easy for them these days. It's really like shooting fish in a barrel because all one has to do is float a balloon and watch social media and message boards and podcasts explode. And if the story turns out to be completely fabricated there are NO repercussions because it got eyeballs and clicks.

Bernie is the penultimate example of clicks over content.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Journalism and reporting has become a race to the bottom, who can get the clicks is all that matters. It's become moronic because we are a nation of lowbrow morons who devour reality tv drivel and feast on the lowest common denominator style reporting. It's what America wants, we've become a nation of Homer Simpsons.

There will never be intelligent discourse from the mainstream media, it doesn't sell. And with information in our hands and pockets 24/7 they have a line in the water all the time, it's so easy for them these days. It's really like shooting fish in a barrel because all one has to do is float a balloon and watch social media and message boards and podcasts explode. And if the story turns out to be completely fabricated there are NO repercussions because it got eyeballs and clicks.

Bernie is the penultimate example of clicks over content.
Hate to be a contrarian here Les , but I think there is a large segment of society that has always been the way you describe and that the market for entertaining those dullards being satisfied is highly visible,but don't write the whole country off that way.
Do you ever watch Chris Wallace (Mike Wallace's son) he's a journalist,Neil Cavuto is too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hate to be a contrarian here Les , but I think there is a large segment of society that has always been the way you describe and that the market for entertaining those dullards being satisfied is highly visible,but don't write the whole country off that way.
Do you ever watch Chris Wallace (Mike Wallace's son) he's a journalist,Neil Cavuto is too.

Yes there are exceptions, but they are fewer than ever before. And while I don't mean to over generalize about our population I am mostly correct. Yeah there have always been dunces, but now they aren't the minority are they.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yes there are exceptions, but they are fewer than ever before. And while I don't mean to over generalize about our population I am mostly correct. Yeah there have always been dunces, but now they aren't the minority are they.
Well they are re-gaining the ground they lost during the first 3/4 of the 20th century, then along came the "Great Society" aint it great?

FRO

Legend
It's odd that a rookie is struggling getting acclimated early on. They usually transition easily.

Greg Robinson wasn't my choice, but I'm happy we have him, and I won't worry about him until he struggles during the season.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
It's odd that a rookie is struggling getting acclimated early on. They usually transition easily.

Greg Robinson wasn't my choice, but I'm happy we have him, and I won't worry about him until he struggles during the season.
Yeah I wanted Matthews cuz I know he'd be comfortable already,but even if Gregzilla does struggle some in the reg. season I'm not worrying, the FACT that the worst criticisms OF HIM come FROM him,is all I need to assure myself he'll be fine cuz he has standards, and standards plus talent is all he needs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is this not the usual way of things when we start a new job? I find it very rare in any vocation for any person that comes out of college or tech institutions that can come in & get it correct right off!

You have to master your trade & learn each and every day as you go about your job. Keep working at it through some very hard work & ...."Endeavor To Persevere "! Good things usually come from the hard work that goes into each day.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I never put much stock into how much Robinson was "struggling"...he's a rookie playing a new position, I don't think the fact that it's gonna take him awhile to adjust is gonna surprise anyone...

AZRamsFan93

Robinson is a beast of a man. He has great potential and clearly can run block quite effectively. I think run blocking translates quickly from college to NFL. His pass blocking will take time, but he is at guard so we should OK.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I don't blame them haha I'm still all butthurt about the whole Jason Smith thing! Got to get over it eventually I suppose ;)