Balzer irked at former employer 101.1 FM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pro football on Sundays, at least at the NFL level, is only in the exhibition-game stage. But there already is a snit brewing locally over the use of the name "Pro Football Sunday" between two radio stations.

Howard Balzer, who was fired last spring at WXOS (101.1 FM), now is at sports-talk competitor KFNS (590 AM) and sister station KXFN (1380 AM). He has taken the name of a show he used to do at 101 — and at three other stations since unveiling it in 1995 — with him. But 101 also has retained the name, with the program now hosted by Tony Softli and Anthony Stalter.

"Think they could come up with something different?" Balzer asked. "The show I have done for about 17 years has been called that, no matter what station I have been on, and 101 didn't do a Sunday morning show until I started 'PFS' in March, 2011. Classic."

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 20866.html