Balzer article: Move down, stay put, or move up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Portion of the article...

At the Combine, Snead was asked if there was a limit to how far the Rams would trade down.

He said, “Over the course of history, I think it’s proven that you get the better player in the top 10, but history also proves that you can be in the teens or later and also get a good player. Our job is to, however far we go down, let’s just say if there’s going to be two quarterbacks picked with one and two and we go back down to, say 15, we better have 13 players that we like, that we want. That’s our job to figure that out.”

In this situation, it means the Rams must have four players they like. What’s intriguing is figuring out the fourth if wide receiver Justin Blackmon, tackle Matt Kalil and cornerback Morris Claiborne are the best three after Andrew Luck and Griffin.

Or, could the Rams engineer a trade with Minnesota, which has let it be known they are interested in trading down? Having scored that extra second-round pick, would it make sense for the Rams to give Minnesota their third-round pick to get the Vikings’ third overall choice?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I dont know which way we'll move, but i have a strong feeling we're not done trading.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Re:

interference said:
I dont know which way we'll move, but i have a strong feeling we're not done trading.

Yeah man you could be right. But for now my head is spinning enough. I'd kinda like to let this sink in. One thing for sure is that I'm glad they pulled this off before FA. I really wonder if we do any more trading before we go after a couple FAs.