Baldwin-blaming Harvin trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...g-baldwin-percy-harvin-trade-factored-in-loss

When a team has had such a clamorous and in-your-face ascension like the Seattle Seahawks have enjoyed over the past two seasons, any regression or minor bump in the road will not pass quietly, either.
Seahawks blame the team's lackadaisical performance Sunday against the Rams on the Percy Harvin trade was strangely predictable.
"Obviously the shock of the transaction and what took place there made for a bit of an emotional roller coaster," Doug Baldwin said, via ESPN.com. "When something that drastic happens, right before we get on the bus, there is going to be an emotional impact. I felt we handled it to the best of our ability, but I think it might have been a factor in some way."
While a little bit of emotional lag was expected, it's hard to imagine Harvin causing the entire punt team to redirect itself out of a play, or the return unit giving up a fake. If anything, those mistakes should be chalked up to a coaching staff that underestimated the Rams' desperation to get back in the win column.
Still, the Seahawks are now losers of two straight and don't like it. They have a second-round pick, Paul Richardson, waiting patiently to step up and replace Harvin, so their built-in excuses won't last for much longer.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I love it when they make excuses, it means they may stay in denial .
Last week we had a thread about how angry they were over Dallas and we were going to have to "watch out" . I posited it might be caused by hubris, thanks to Baldwin for affirming that(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
While a little bit of emotional lag was expected, it's hard to imagine Harvin causing the entire punt team to redirect itself out of a play, or the return unit giving up a fake. If anything, those mistakes should be chalked up to a coaching staff that underestimated the Rams' desperation to get back in the win column.
Excuses are Like 'Ass-holes' everybody's got one!! You got fucking out-coached, and out-played!! Face Facts!!

jap

Legend
I guess we will have to knock the snot out of them in their own house to shut them the hell up. We'll change the name of their stadium to: The ED - West.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Where was Harvin last year all the way up to the Super Bowl? Don't feed me that BS Baldwin

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
UH didn't they open the game with a long drive that stalled for a field goal? Yeah they came out flat , NOT
We flat outplayed them that first half and yeah outcoached them too when the game was on the line. They barely got out of the Lou with their skins last year

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
These guys just can't take losing. And it stems from their pussi-fied coach. Take it like a man Baldwin and Petey.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ironically, according to locker room gossip fed to the media, Doug Baldwin is one of the teammates Percy Harvin duked it out with prior to his dismissal. Maybe Baldwin and his teammates stayed up all night to celebrate and were hungover Sunday morning.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
These guys just can't take losing. And it stems from their pussi-fied coach. Take it like a man Baldwin and Petey.
What was it Bum Phillips said :"you don't feel the splinters till your sliding back down the poll" shit be goin on out there keepin Petey boy Sleepless in .............do I have to say it?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If trading a player makes you lose, you just checked your nads at the door.