Baldinger Mock Draft 1.0 (00:05:25:19)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I like the way the draft fell, but I cant see the Viking picking Blackmon. If Blackmon were considered an elite WR prospect and was the BPA at 3, then I could agree with Baldinger. IMO he is not.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I don't see it either. But if it did go like that... what a no-brainer pick THAT would be.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think no matter what player of those Top 6 we end up with, we are a better team. The same argument he is making about keeping the Viking QB up all day can be made about Bradford, who is he going to throw down field to? So, it doesn't matter which of between Kalil, Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne falls to us, you pick him or trade down. No other choice in my mind.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
I think no matter what player of those Top 6 we end up with, we are a better team. The same argument he is making about keeping the Viking QB up all day can be made about Bradford, who is he going to throw down field to? So, it doesn't matter which of between Kalil, Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne falls to us, you pick him or trade down. No other choice in my mind.

+1. 6 is really a pretty nice spot. IMO there are 5 top tier prospects(Luck, RGIII, TRich, Mo, Kalil) and a borderline top tier prospect, in Blackmon, that's in our biggest position of need. No matter what we end up with in of those guys.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
If we were to get Claiborne, and Fletcher comes back 100% healthy, wow, we would be stacked at CB.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
JdashSTL said:
If we were to get Claiborne, and Fletcher comes back 100% healthy, wow, we would be stacked at CB.

Yeah but then that means Claiborne would be the nickle CB, which wouldn't be gettin the full potential w/ the 6th pick. If they take Claiborne, it means Fletcher gets cut or PUPd. Hopefully it would be the latter.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:

Yeah but then that means Claiborne would be the nickle CB, which wouldn't be gettin the full potential w/ the 6th pick. If they take Claiborne, it means Fletcher gets cut or PUPd. Hopefully it would be the latter.

I wouldnt look at it as a bad sign for Fletchers health going into the season. I have no idea what his health status is now, but I do know that he came back from his last injury much quicker than anyone anticipated. Claiborne wouldnt immediately be plugged into the slot CB spot, there would be a competition for that #2 spot. It would almost feel like a "luxury" pick.

I also wonder how Fisher is gonna handle the rookies. Spags didnt just give rookies (high draft picks) starting jobs from day 1.