Balanced attack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I know last night was just the 1st preseason game. But one thing I got out of it is that the Ram offense is going to be balanced. If they stack the box, the Rams have enough of a passing attack to take advantage. 3 td passes is impressive, especially since Bradford didn't play. We saw very little of Britt and Quick. The rb's looked good running behind a make shift line. Maybe I've been drinking too much kool aid, but I think this offense can be the best we've had since the GSOT. Not nearly as good, but the best we've seen since then.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I see a lot of potential with this offense too. Best since GSOT? You could be right.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Will be the best offense we've had since 2006 when Bulger went to the probowl, and we have two great WRs, and SJ39 was having a great year as well.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm with you drinking the kool aid. I liked what I saw last night from the O. Now the D is another story but I'm not worried.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad somebody is well aware of the real direction of our offense. By default we'll be a run-first team but when facing teams with susceptible secondaries, the passing game should eat yardage. Intradivisional games will involve heavy smashmouth offense while teams like the Raiders and the NFC East will allow us to do what we originally intended to do in 2013 (to a lesser extent)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sam takes a little heat for not taking risk (low int rate), but truthfully that's what this offensive system needs. Fisher wants to beat you physically. Running the football and ball control.

That said; it's 2014. This offense will make more plays in the air than the 1999 Titans with guys like Austin, Cook, and Britt/Quick on the field.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As his confidence in our defense grows, he will be more comfortable taking a few more risks. But why take risks when you don't have to. I look for a big season from him.

RamWoodie

Legend
How can you possibly say "balanced attack"??? Sam didn't even start! The offense Friday was run to measure the youth.

Fisher will be balanced when he has the lead...and he will open things up when he needs to...also remember that 6 games are against the NFL's toughest defenses. Two games each with SF, Seattle and AZ!

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know Sam didn't start. That doesn't change was the offense wanted to do. Check the stats. The runs and passes were almost even. Until the last drive, the score didn't dictate what the offense did. I agree that the offense was run to measure the youth. That's what most of preseason is for.

As for the division; Fisher put the team together to compete in this division. You can't be one dimensional in the NFC west.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I agree and liked what I saw from the offense. Backups or no, the key is that Schotty's game plan included a healthy dose of aggressively passing downfield combined with the power running and some creative short passes (Harkey's TD). I hope that identity does not change with SB.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I agree and liked what I saw from the offense. Backups or no, the key is that Schotty's game plan included a healthy dose of aggressively passing downfield combined with the power running and some creative short passes (Harkey's TD). I hope that identity does not change with SB.

You just said a mouthful, Fatbot.

I think we're gonna see more passes and deeper passes this season. The evidence is right there in the camp reports and this first preseason game.

And so far the results have been quite good, don't you think?

Perhaps Schotty is coming out of his shell. Let's hope so...