Baker Mayfield, OROY?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RB Saquan Barkley had a helluva year. He is probably is more talented at the running back position than Baker Mayfield is at the quarterback position. Yet, if we look at which one affected the team more, it has to be Mayfield. I really can't remember a Brown's QB that I have thought was good enough to lift that joke of a franchise to respectability. I actually think Gregg Williams did a great job as an interim HC this year, but probably won't get the HC gig next year in Cleveland. So Baker will get a new set of positional coaches and HC, which one will be an offensive guru.

I definitely think this franchise has turned a corner and will compete for the division next year, due in large part as to what Mayfield can do. So the big question is, is the OROY figured on the MVP format, or is it all about individual performance?

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I was really intrigued by the Browns at the beginning of the season. On paper, they should have won that division and had a winning record. Hope they do better next year, although I dont think Mayfield is starter material.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I was really intrigued by the Browns at the beginning of the season. On paper, they should have won that division and had a winning record. Hope they do better next year, although I dont think Mayfield is starter material.
Mayfield broke the rookie touchdown record in 13 games. He’s more then starter material.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mayfield broke the rookie touchdown record in 13 games. He’s more then starter material.
I believe he will elevate the play of others, and challenging for the division is no easy thing, if you're the Browns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Passing" TD total.... Not total TD

Baker gets the nod but man, what a season Barkley had. That Giants O-line is total trash. 2k yards from scrimmage and 15 tds? WOW

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
the award is meant to go to the best offensive rookie, not most valuable, so team success should not matter imo. and its clear Saquan was the best offensive rookie this year

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I was really intrigued by the Browns at the beginning of the season. On paper, they should have won that division . . .

I'd love to see that. That's the ONE team in the AFC North that Steeler fans would shit a brick if that ever happened.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Those who played with George said he could have been great, except for bad coaching.

I don't doubt the Talent of either.

Seemed George had some good coaches at times and under achieved. But his attitude was questioned many times.

I wonder about Mayfields in your face demeanor.

dang

Legend
I admire confident people but am not a fan of cocky people. As a result I don’t like the cocky “don’t challenge me” attitude of Mayfield but he does bring some much needed stability and energy to the QB position that has been missing from the Browns forever. It will be fun rooting against him for years to come (Unless he plays the Patriots, Seahawks or 49ers).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I definitely think this franchise has turned a corner and will compete for the division next year
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that - especially with the Browns - but I will see it when I believe it..... or something like that.

I would actually like to see the Browns win that division and go far in the playoffs simply for what are probably the most steadfast and best fans in football. Those fans deserve to have some gladness replace some of that sadness.

Mayfield has looked better than a long list of Browns QBs. Let's see him get better. That team has had more high draft picks over the years than a gutter has had rain drops. Get your shit together Browns and win something for those fans.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said when Barkley came out that he was a once every 20 year guy . Mayfield lost his luster with his antics . Barkley will be around longer IMO .

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I think you're absolutely right. Barkley's a damn good player.

Last edited: