Bailey suspension: As bad as it sounds or blessing in disguise?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TShram03

UDFA
Stedman clearly has some ability. He would have gotten a lot of looks from Sam early in the season, perhaps as a starting WR.

Can't help, though, if you're not there.

Those four games, however, give Brian Quick all of those looks plus however many or little he would have seen as the 3rd/4th WR.

Do you think Quick makes us miss Stedman?

Or is Stedman just another plus weapon to have when he gets back from suspension?

I'm hoping -- and believing -- Quick negates the loss while Bailey is out.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
We'll see when Quick gets a pre season catch. I've yet to see what he can do

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think we will miss him at all I actually think he's going to be the one that misses the team. If he wouldn't have got suspended Quick probably wouldn't get the chances he is. I think Quick will take advantage and make it harder for Bailey to get reps

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think, having Quick and Britt on the field together will pose a bigger threat in those first four weeks, than if Bailey had been there. Once Bailey comes back, he will further supplement what could become a legitimate WR unit. Throw Austin into that mix, and you have 4 potentially dynamic receivers. Cook and Kendricks will also round out that group and give them a lot of options in personnel groupings, and Red Zone packages.

Depends.

Either way Stedman put himself before the team, if he does miss out because Quick steps up then that's completely fine by me.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If I had to have one of them out there then it would be Bailey simply because he seems to play with a greater intensity and it reflects in his greater production. Sure he made a bad decision but it's plain to see that he is sorry for it and is looking to better himself.

Irish

Starter
Yes, it is absolutely as bad as it sounds. Bailey is our best wide receiver, and every day the gap between him and number 2 grows more and more. This division needs as many wins as possible to win it, and missing your best anything, let alone the position where you have the most question marks from a skill and depth point of view is huge.

Lets put it this way, if the Rams start 1-3 and finish the season 9-7, we will have wished Bailey was there for the first four weeks because it is probably the difference between making the playoffs and enduring another agonizingly long offseason a week too early.

Philly5

Rookie
I don't see any 'blessing' with Bailey being out for a quarter of the season.

Chances are he starts on his return because Quick and/or Britt didn't work out.

We need a fast start.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I hate to limit my thinking to short terms goals, but the Rams really need to start 3-1 this year to have a chance.

That said, if they start 3-1, where Bradford has developed spectacular chemistry with Britt / Quick / Tavon / Cook / Kendricks... (with Tre and Stacy taking advantage of the newly open running lanes... yeah, this would be a blessing in disguise.

If we start 1-3 with poor WR play - dropsies, no separation... then it'll be all disguise, no blessing. The only blessings would be god giving us more chances to show our virtues of patience and humility.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Ahh, it's about that time of the year where people begin second-guessing their post-draft optimism...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Stedman clearly has some ability. He would have gotten a lot of looks from Sam early in the season, perhaps as a starting WR.

Can't help, though, if you're not there.

Those four games, however, give Brian Quick all of those looks plus however many or little he would have seen as the 3rd/4th WR.

Do you think Quick makes us miss Stedman?

Or is Stedman just another plus weapon to have when he gets back from suspension?

I'm hoping -- and believing -- Quick negates the loss while Bailey is out.
Here's the magical Torry Holt's assessment at the 5 min mark....
http://www.insidestlaudio.com/Edmonds/081214-1E.mp3

jap

Legend
All the team can do is make the best out of negative situation. Sted is down for four games because of his situation; so the next man up has to be ready to go. I'm sure Sted knows that a 2nd caught infraction is at least eight games---maybe more if Goodall or the then incumbent commissioner wants to make an example. Time to put away all childish things and be a first class pro as we all know he can be.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
No suspension is a blessing.

However, I hope we don't miss Steadman, we should have weapons besides him on offence - he's a good WR, but our O doesn't revolve around him.

On a side note - look outside, away outside, see those people, thats my jury, they're out there talking about Quick, deciding whether he's a go-er or just a big fat bust on a nice pay check.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think, having Quick and Britt on the field together will pose a bigger threat in those first four weeks, than if Bailey had been there. Once Bailey comes back, he will further supplement what could become a legitimate WR unit. Throw Austin into that mix, and you have 4 potentially dynamic receivers. Cook and Kendricks will also round out that group and give them a lot of options in personnel groupings, and Red Zone packages.

Interesting that givens and petis aren't included in that

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What I like about Bailey is he can play inside or outside. My fear is he's not gonna get many chances to shine and leaves as a FA. No I don't think we're gonna miss him those first four games unless one of the starters get hurt. From the sounds of camp, he wasn't stealing any of Quick's thunder. It's a new dawn for Brian Quick.

Rambition

Rookie
maybe the better way to put it is, that if quick benefits from the extra targets he gets in bailey's absence, then we definitely have a silver lining in this cloud.