Bailey suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

For the crap we give Seattle about PEDs, we seem to have our own little problem.

3 guys in 3 years to start the year suspended.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Dang man. I leave to go do a couple errands and come back to Bailey is suspended. This is a bummer. I really liked him. Thought he could secretly be the best WR on the team even.

Oh well more chance for other guys to show us what they can do.

Speeps

Starter
I'm very disappointed in Stedman Bailey, because this seems to be out of his nature. I believe he will overcome and produce, but this is very disappointing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
For the crap we give Seattle about PEDs, we seem to have our own little problem.

3 guys in 3 years to start the year suspended.
Yup never gloat over these things is my policy

ExJbeck

UDFA
Someone help me out, he did get suspended for using performance enhancing drugs not smoking pot correct?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Someone help me out, he did get suspended for using performance enhancing drugs not smoking pot correct?

Apparently, Rams and Bailey both said he didn't use PEDs. He probably screwed up and ignored the drug testing process or didn't follow the rules to it, or something. Maybe he got caught trying to fake one, no idea. But it doesn't seem that he actually used the drugs.

RamEERS

Pastor
im curious on why there hasnt been an offical rams statement... nothing from fish or snead...

ExJbeck

UDFA
Apparently, Rams and Bailey both said he didn't use PEDs. He probably screwed up and ignored the drug testing process or didn't follow the rules to it, or something. Maybe he got caught trying to fake one, no idea. But it doesn't seem that he actually used the drugs.
Alright thanks for clarifying for me.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Not sure if posted, but yeah, apparently he didn't do drugs. Don't think it would have been pot though, @ExJbeck. That would be substance abuse, I think.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
im curious on why there hasnt been an offical rams statement... nothing from fish or snead...
Nothing on their website either. I did get a media email with the following, but it's not what you're looking for.

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON

Stedman Bailey of the St. Louis Rams has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Bailey will be eligible to return to the Rams’ active roster on Monday, October 6 following the team’s October 5 game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bailey is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

[Note: The NFL policy on performance enhancing substances is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on “Resources” and then “About the NFL.”]

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
No matter what it is a bad blow. Like them or not the receiving core is mostly unproven and we will need production from the guys we have to take a step forward.
I certainly hope TA and others were not hitting the same pipe, needle or pill that SB was. Time to stand up be accountable and move on.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Nothing on their website either. I did get a media email with the following, but it's not what you're looking for.

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON

Stedman Bailey of the St. Louis Rams has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Bailey will be eligible to return to the Rams’ active roster on Monday, October 6 following the team’s October 5 game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bailey is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

[Note: The NFL policy on performance enhancing substances is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on “Resources” and then “About the NFL.”]
Makes his "There was a violation but I didn't take performance enhancing substances" tweets even more confusing.

My bet is still that he took a supplement with something bad in it.

ExJbeck

UDFA
Since when did pot become performance enhancing? Lol
I don't think you understand what I wrote. I was confused because some people in the thread were relating it to pot. I never said pot was a performance enhancing drug?

Anyway, Nick Wagoner mentioned something in a podcast today about Bailey and Britt not being the only receivers causing problems right now. He didn't say anything else about it, but it didn't sound good.