Bailey suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Disappointing and sucks.
Going forward can we agree when it comes to this kind of stuff we are no different than the Seahawks or anyone else.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Stupid move, but I can understand the pressures that professional football players must be under, everyone wants that 'edge' over their opponents AND team-mates I guess - is there any news from the Rams FO?

jjab360

Legend
Disappointing and sucks.
Going forward can we agree when it comes to this kind of stuff we are no different than the Seahawks or anyone else.
Nope. Seahawks cheating asses can suck it. Bailey is innocent of PEDs he said so, the team said so, and I believe them.

So does the loss of Bailey now tip us over the edge as the worst group of receivers in the NFL?

Only ones I think come close:
Cleveland - Have a better TE than anything we have
Jaguars - Added two receivers in the second round of the draft
Chiefs
Vikings
Panthers

And it's really just splitting hairs between the 5/6 of us.

jjab360

Legend
So does the loss of Bailey now tip us over the edge as the worst group of receivers in the NFL?

Chiefs
Vikings
Panthers

Worst as in least talented? Far from it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I don't think our WRs are as bad as all that - remembering that bradford was out for the back end of the season last year... with now what is our extremely viable run option, our receivers will benefit AND shine I can see Austin's numbers being much more this season and the same goes for Givens - I can see a few more of those long catches from his rookie season coming in

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well, I slept on this overnight, and it still bums me out to no end. And the thing is, he was the last guy I expected this from. He seemed like an all around great guy: hard working, humble, good teammate, etc.

We really needed him. It's not like we're going into training camp with 8-9 WR and 4 who coudl start. I think a lot of us were counting on him, not only to play, but to make a significant jump in production this year.

Sigh
:doh:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Chiefs
Vikings
Panthers

Jaguars has had a decent WR corps for a while. Cecil Shorts single handedly beats any receiver we have easy, he's one of the best in the game as far as I'm concerned, Blackmon when not suspended is a top 10 receiver, Ace Sanders has played as well as Tavon, Marcedes Lewis has played well without a QB in his career...Then they now have Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson, two of the top receivers in the draft who can make instant impacts. Even without Blackmon they beat us. With a real QB like Bortles, I expect them to be a top passing team.

It's hard to look good with Gabbert and Henne, but they are much better than their stats would indicate.

fearsomefour

Legend
Nope. Seahawks cheating asses can suck it. Bailey is innocent of PEDs he said so, the team said so, and I believe them.
Well the
It then it comes back to what I have been saying, the policy is so effed up as to be a joke.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
If it was pot, it's effed up! Still, they have to follow the rules! Damn!

F. Mulder

Starter
I haven't went through the entire 10 page (and counting thread) but does anyone know if Snisher were aware of this before the draft? They indicated previously with respect to other players who violated that they knew. Now maybe they think what they have is sufficient to get them through games 1-4. Maybe they make a trade/pick up during TC. Or maybe they run even more 2-3 TE sets. Still, if they knew about this before hand and didn't take ANY WR of consequence it does make me wonder a bit about putting so much emphasis on such an unproven and inconsistent young group. However, maybe they thought drafting another one just adds to that unproven/inconsistent stuff. IDK

nighttrain

Legend
For the crap we give Seattle about PEDs, we seem to have our own little problem.

3 guys in 3 years to start the year suspended.
WV guys arnt all heros, just human
train
ps Quick gets more playing time first half of season, may be a real break, or not
train

PhxRam

I haven't went through the entire 10 page (and counting thread) but does anyone know if Snisher were aware of this before the draft? They indicated previously with respect to other players who violated that they knew. Now maybe they think what they have is sufficient to get them through games 1-4. Maybe they make a trade/pick up during TC. Or maybe they run even more 2-3 TE sets. Still, if they knew about this before hand and didn't take ANY WR of consequence it does make me wonder a bit about putting so much emphasis on such an unproven and inconsistent young group. However, maybe they thought drafting another one just adds to that unproven/inconsistent stuff. IDK

They have said that they were aware of the situation.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
They have said that they were aware of the situation.
For a few months they were aware of it, IIRC.

In the end, 4 games. Not years, not a season, 4 games. If they were convinced Robinson was the most talented at a positions of need, they I don't blame them for not letting the Bailey suspension sway them elsewhere. And then by the next pick, the WRs who would have been an upgrade were gone anyway.

RFIP

My "fix" wasn't temporary, nor was it brought on by the Bailey situation...just exasperated by it. The wr's are a mess, especially the outside-the-numbers guys. People can pretend all they want that "the young guys are getting better, blah, blah, blah.." but the facts are there is SERIOUS doubt Quick ever gets it, Pettis is a JAG and Givens is a one trick pony who is not comfortable catching the ball in traffic.

The issue should have been addressed with Watkins, if they chose to ignore the obvious, which they did, then (against my beliefs) they should have drafted the next highest wr when the opportunity presented itself like it did through the first 4 rounds.

Trust me I'll be right here to say I was wrong if Quick, Givens and Pettis ARE much better...if they are not then more and more people will be saying what I have.

OK................... stay pissy my friend............... but the point stands it's a temporary issue and your solution is knee jerk and serves a point you'd concluded before ,fits your assumptive world etc.,can we get a time frame on how long you are going to grind this ax?

jjab360

Legend
My "fix" wasn't temporary, nor was it brought on by the Bailey situation...just exasperated by it. The wr's are a mess, especially the outside-the-numbers guys. People can pretend all they want that "the young guys are getting better, blah, blah, blah.." but the facts are there is SERIOUS doubt Quick ever gets it, Pettis is a JAG and Givens is a one trick pony who is not comfortable catching the ball in traffic.

The issue should have been addressed with Watkins, if they chose to ignore the obvious, which they did, then (against my beliefs) they should have drafted the next highest wr when the opportunity presented itself like it did through the first 4 rounds.

Trust me I'll be right here to say I was wrong if Quick, Givens and Pettis ARE much better...if they are not then more and more people will be saying what I have.
The question still remains...
Thordaddy said:
can we get a time frame on how long you are going to grind this ax?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
For the record, there are separate policies. One for Performance Enhancers and one for Substance Abuse. I'd imagine if it were weed, it'd be under the Substance Abuse Policy.
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade.