Bailey in horns?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I believe because of all the hype around Austin that this guy is totally underrated. He has a great sense of where he is on the field and soft hands. Also decent Size and speed. I for one would love to see us get him. He is projected 2nd rd which I believe would be a steal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqktYOACUg[/youtube]

I would like to see

Austin
Bpa
Steadmon Bailey

would like to hear y'alls thoughts

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Stedman Bailey is quite possibly the most underrated wide receiver in this entire draft class. I know that people are excited about Austin, but they do tend to forget about Bailey. Even though he's extremely skilled in his own right, people forget about what Bailey offers when they watch Austin's athleticism. Bailey does have great speed and exceptional quickness on the field, catches everything thrown at him, and he's a very, very intelligent football player whom Austin credits for teaching him the nuances of the position. There's a reason why he was considered Geno Smith's most reliable and consistent target.

I would not be opposed to Bailey in the second round; he'd be a total mismatch in the slot, and he'd make an impact from the first day.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've never seen him play, so I'm going only on that highlight reel. He didn't seem to get much separation (even on the highlight reel). The times he did get separation seemed like a defender slipped or there was blown coverage. He didn't seem to have that much speed. He did have some impressive hands. I seem more of a possession receiver type. But, I very well might be wrong on this.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Rabid Ram said:
I believe because of all the hype around Austin that this guy is totally underrated. He has a great sense of where he is on the field and soft hands. Also decent Size and speed. I for one would love to see us get him. He is projected 2nd rd which I believe would be a steal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqktYOACUg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I would like to see

Austin
Bpa
Steadmon Bailey

would like to hear y'alls thoughts

I never even thought about this player! But, after reading your post I looked up some of his highlights and I was totally impressed! He really seems to have great ball awareness and he really seems to fight for the ball. From what I have read he is expected to go somewhere in the 3-4 round area and if that is true I think he will be a steal for some team! Is it true that he had 25 receiving TD's last season (if true, that is amazing!). I think some NFL Team will be very happy they drafted him!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't profess to be any kind of scout, but that dude just looks like a wide receiver.
Kinda reminds me of a slightly thicker Steve Smith (the GOOD Steve Smith).

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Totally agree. Stedman Bailey looks like an NFL ready WR. I watched quite a few WV games last year, and as amazing as Austin is, Bailey just goes out and straight catches everything. Wouldn't mind having both these cats as they compliment each other nicely.

paceram

Pro Bowler
X said:
I don't profess to be any kind of scout, but that dude just looks like a wide receiver.

I thought I read somewhere that they actually compared him to Steve Smith.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
I've never seen him play, so I'm going only on that highlight reel. He didn't seem to get much separation (even on the highlight reel). The times he did get separation seemed like a defender slipped or there was blown coverage. He didn't seem to have that much speed. He did have some impressive hands. I seem more of a possession receiver type. But, I very well might be wrong on this.

He ran a 4.5 40 dudes quick enough he Is so smooth in his cuts and stride that his speed is elusive. And as far as seperation he still caught almost everything thrown his way.

139 targets,106 catches,1,501 yards,25 touchdowns.

And his on field awareness combined with his eye hand coordination makes for some great circus cstched on the sideline and in the corner of the endzone.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
paceram said:
X said:

I thought I read somewhere that they actually compared him to Steve Smith.

Steve Smith as well as Greg jennings

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Freaking Holy Hell man, that dude can catch a ball! With all the dropped balls by the past butterfingers on the Rams (Danny had great hands, so nothing I say here goes to him), I think we would weep tears of joy to have somebody who can actually catch a ball in traffic. How do you not grab this guy? Sam would flourish with anyone even remotely close who has this kind of talent. That's what is so frustrating sometimes with our passing game is other teams seam to make the grabs (Tony Gonzales is crazy great) in traffic and we had Amendola as the only guy that seemed to have a great pair of hands. The adjustments he makes to catch some of those passes, you can't teach. Either you have it or you don't. Talk about the X factor. Thanks for showing me this guy. I hope we draft him.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamsSince1969 said:
Freaking Holy Hell man, that dude can catch a ball! With all the dropped balls by the past butterfingers on the Rams (Danny had great hands, so nothing I say here goes to him), I think we would weep tears of joy to have somebody who can actually catch a ball in traffic. How do you not grab this guy? Sam would flourish with anyone even remotely close who has this kind of talent. That's what is so frustrating sometimes with our passing game is other teams seam to make the grabs (Tony Gonzales is crazy great) in traffic and we had Amendola as the only guy that seemed to have a great pair of hands. The adjustments he makes to catch some of those passes, you can't teach. Either you have it or you don't. Talk about the X factor. Thanks for showing me this guy. I hope we draft him.

That's what im saying. Lord could you imagine these 2 remaining team mates at the next level.

I really do believe this guy would be an instant contributor especially in the red zone

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bailey reminds me of Derrick Mason who also ran a similar 40 coming out. Quick feet, tough, good route runner, reliable hands and deceptive speed. Good pick in the 2nd or 3rd.

RamsNation

Rookie
Man this guy is a stud,no wonder Geno Smith put up the numbers he did they breed WR's lol.I like the kid but idk if we got WR with 2 of our first 3 picks.I think common sense would say we are a lock to draft 1 with our first 3 but 2 might be pushing it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamsNation said:
Man this guy is a stud,no wonder Geno Smith put up the numbers he did they breed WR's lol.I like the kid but idk if we got WR with 2 of our first 3 picks.I think common sense would say we are a lock to draft 1 with our first 3 but 2 might be pushing it.

I know im torn between Austin and Bailey. If we dont get Austin I def want Bailey

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I think he is rated appropriately. He is a late second/third round WR.

I have heard him compared to Golden Taint and agree with those comparisons. He isnt big, fast, or explosive. He doesn't have a great catch radius. Has also drawn flak for playing half assed him the play wasnt designed to go to his side of the field.

He does run routes well. His feet are quick and he is smooth. Great hands too.

IMO his potential is limited. I'd take Givens over Bailey every day of the week and he was drafted in the 4th round.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:

I have heard him compared to Golden Taint and agree with those comparisons. He isnt big, fast, or explosive. He doesn't have a great catch radius. Has also drawn flak for playing half assed him the play wasnt designed to go to his side of the field.

IMO his potential is limited. I'd take Givens over Bailey every day of the week and he was drafted in the 4th round.
Lacks explosiveness would be the one negative that I would hang on him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:

I don't know about that. I've heard nothing but praise about his unselfishness. He does have some minor off-the-field issues (much like Pead, actually), but as a team player, I haven't heard anything like what you're saying.

Bailey plays much bigger than his size, and while his physical gifts pale in comparison to Austin's, he's produced at a much higher rate and has been a more reliable target - which is a remarkable accomplishment, given Austin's game-breaking speed.

Davone Bess, in my opinion, is a fairly apt comparison if you're looking at backgrounds: a highly-productive receiver out of a spread passing-oriented offense who didn't have the greatest physical gifts. I could see Bailey having a similar career.