Bad news for those of us with great seats...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Email I just got from the team. Looks like me and the rest of my row 4 brethern, after suffering through 3 seasons of the last crappy stadium, get to wait yet another year to enjoy the real deal:

We hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy.

Like you, we have dreamed for the past few years about the home opener at SoFi Stadium and we have looked forward to seeing all your smiling faces upon entering the stadium for the first time. As the stadium nears completion, we are faced with the reality that the fight against COVID-19 continues. We are committed to following guidance from state and local authorities, as well as the NFL, to ensure a safe environment for our players, staff and fans.

Today, the NFL League Office announced they will enforce various health and safety measures that will impact gamedays. One of those protocols is that for the 2020 season, up to the first eight rows of the lower level cannot be used to ensure player safety. For those of you in these seats, we will follow-up in the coming weeks to discuss potential alternatives just for this season. We anticipate additional protocols will be put in place, not only by the NFL, but also by government agencies so we will be sure to keep you all updated as we learn new information.

While we continue to plan to play Rams games at SoFi Stadium this season, the likelihood of being allowed to play in front of a sold-out crowd of cheering fans seems low at this point in time. We are contingency planning around a number of different capacity scenarios in the event that all Season Ticket Members will not be able to attend all home games in their seats. We are trying to understand what those different seating configurations could look like and will reach out with an update in the coming weeks.

In addition, there is the possibility that the NFL will reduce the number of preseason games played this year and our preseason home schedule will change. As soon as we have more information on the impact to our Season Ticket Members, we will share details with you.

Your support has helped make SoFi Stadium a reality and we will continue to update you as we get information as it relates to fan attendance at our games. If you prefer to skip the 2020 season you can easily do so by (Edit a click here that linked to my account number) or the button below. You would retain your same seat location(s) and price for the 2021 season as well as various Season Ticket Member benefits. Any amounts paid to date will be automatically applied to the 2021 season unless you prefer to receive a refund. Your SSL commitment will remain. Benefits you will continue to receive during the 2020 season include invitations to Season Ticket Member virtual experiences, a discount on RamsFanShop.com, free mobile RedZone and Game Pass as well as access to your Member Services Representative.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a Member Services Representative by emailing info@rams.nfl.com or call 818-338-0011 and select option 2. We apologize in advance if we are delayed in responding.

While 2020 has not been what any of us expected and uncertainty remains, we look forward to a brighter 2021 with all of us together at SoFi Stadium. We wish you all the best and we will be in touch soon with further information.

-Los Angeles Rams

I'll wait it out to see what their "plans" are for those of us affected, but my guess is, getting a refund on the year.
And here I was just hoping they were going to cancel the preseason because I literally can't give those seats away.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The thing that kind of gets me is they're like "Hey, since your seats won't be in use, would you rather give our billionaire owner a 0% interest loan for a year and put that money forward to next year, or have us give you your money back for a year?"

Like...decisions, decisions....I *DO* love giving billionaire NFL owners interest free loans just like everybody else, but on the other hand...

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Agreed - they really should have given an option that allows for a benefit or small rebate to those that carry it forward to next year. But corporate greed is blind

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is the shittiest fucking year I can remember. Just the worst. And I'm 52 so I've seen my share. Had a year where I was on deployment for over 9 months due to not being relieved on station, we hit more than 50 days without a port call twice that cruise and that year was still 10x better than 2020. Just crazy. Like a fucking nightmare that won't end.

Honestly I feel like we need to just let everyone get the fucking corona so we can develop immunities and play some coffin dance for those of us who can't survive it. Only way to move on it seems.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
This is the shittiest fucking year I can remember. Just the worst. And I'm 52 so I've seen my share. Had a year where I was on deployment for over 9 months due to not being relieved on station, we hit more than 50 days without a port call twice that cruise and that year was still 10x better than 2020. Just crazy. Like a fucking nightmare that won't end.

Honestly I feel like we need to just let everyone get the fucking corona so we can develop immunities and play some coffin dance for those of us who can't survive it. Only way to move on it seems.

Indications are that immunity appears to fade rapidly.:wtf:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The thing that kind of gets me is they're like "Hey, since your seats won't be in use, would you rather give our billionaire owner a 0% interest loan for a year and put that money forward to next year, or have us give you your money back for a year?"

Like...decisions, decisions....I *DO* love giving billionaire NFL owners interest free loans just like everybody else, but on the other hand...

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Indications are that immunity appears to fade rapidly.:wtf:

There are no such indications. There are some studies that show levels of antibodies fade over time, but not that you can catch it twice. What you're hearing is media fearmongering and...well...let's be honest, it's an election year.

The narrative on that seems to be "There's no indication that you can't catch it twice, other than in almost a year, there's not been a single person on the face of this planet that's caught it twice, but you can totally catch it twice because reasons!"

Don't let them trick you like that.

Source: Let's just say I know a thing or two about epidemiology.

Tano

Legend
There are no such indications. There are some studies that show levels of antibodies fade over time, but not that you can catch it twice. What you're hearing is media fearmongering and...well...let's be honest, it's an election year.

The narrative on that seems to be "There's no indication that you can't catch it twice, other than in almost a year, there's not been a single person on the face of this planet that's caught it twice, but you can totally catch it twice because reasons!"

Don't let them trick you like that.

Source: Let's just say I know a thing or two about epidemiology.
My wife says that she saw on the news that a lady caught it twice

Poppinfresh

Rookie
My wife says that she saw on the news that a lady caught it twice

In every instance where it was thought someone caught it a second time (mostly South Korea) - Every. Single. Instance. it turned out what happened was that the individual had caught a different type of flu (usually the first time around) and it wasn't the Wuhan virus. Keep in mind that the tests that are administered aren't specifically for just this one virus - the antibody tests aren't completely accurate for what they're detecting.