Back up QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well , if you happen to be in Anaheim on the 29th, ask Vince if he's still in game shape.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me expand my thought…by the time we reached the Super Bowl, we were down to our 3rd string TE, a non functioning run game, our top receiver and # 3 receiver, and a rookie WR. If Stafford went down…done…but could a guy like Fitzpatrick or Foles catch enough fire to carry a team for a few games. I do not have that level of confidence in Wolford…if you say Sean has confidence in him, then how come he never throws a pass? I saw a bad INT on one of his few passes, and Sean had him handing off the rest of the game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me expand my thought…by the time we reached the Super Bowl, we were down to our 3rd string TE, a non functioning run game, our top receiver and # 3 receiver, and a rookie WR. If Stafford went down…done…but could a guy like Fitzpatrick or Foles catch enough fire to carry a team for a few games. I do not have that level of confidence in Wolford…if you say Sean has confidence in him, then how come he never throws a pass? I saw a bad INT on one of his few passes, and Sean had him handing off the rest of the game.
Foles 2022 AAV is 8 million, Fitz made 10 Mill in 2021
With how tight they are up against the salary cap, there's no way justifying spending that kind of money on a player who will likely never see meaningful time, and if he does its more than likely the season is over any way.
If they have 8 million left over to spend, its much wiser to use on OBJ or Honey Badger. Heck we cant even bring back our leading rusher from last year because he'll cost 2-4 mill per

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tampa isnt winning with Blaine Gabbert
KC isnt winning with Chad Henne
Green Bay isnt winning with Jordan Love (Or with Aaron Rodgers either apparently)
Buffalo aint winning with Case Keenum (Sorry @-X- ) or Matt Barkley
Cincinnati isnt winning with Brandon Allen
Etc, Etc, Etc

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If a top-starter, on a top-team, goes-down with a season-ending-injury, that team is probably screwed.

However, if the same starter goes-down for six games in the middle of the season, a decent-to-good back-up can help that team go 4-2; while a weak-back-up could make it difficult for that team to do better than 2-4.

The difference between 4-2 and 2-4, could be significant.
... 14-3 vs. 12-5 could mean having the best record and a first-round-bye vs. playing in the Wild Card Round
... 12-5 vs. 10-7 could mean winning a division and getting a home game vs. being on the road as a Wild Card
... 11-6 vs. 9-8 could mean making the playoffs vs. not making it

I agree with some posters above that the Rams tight cap makes it difficult to carry a decent-to-good back-up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams can juice either the rush or the secondary they should have a top defense, which tbh is the key if you end up with your QB missing time. Having a guy who can run the full scheme even at a lesser degree is the goal I think. Wolf can do that.

Where Wolf concerns me is his complete disregard for his own safety on his runs. QBs who run to contact get hurt. He needs to unfuck that particular part of his game and start sliding.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Until Perkins can throw an accurate pass more than 20 yards, it's Wolfords job.
Yeah, I love Perkins, but his arm is questionable. I need to see some growth this year in preseason or they will keep Wolford for another year and add somebody like a Kyle Sloter from the USFL and look towards next year to draft a viable backup.