B to the P to the A

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched a Rams draft go this way. Can any of you remember the last time the Rams had the choice to draft BPA in place of need?? I know we still need help in that secondary, but damn it feels good to draft talent like this... Even if for depth..... DEPTH!!!

Slappy967

Starter
I have NEVER seen the Rams go BPA in any draft in my entire life. Shows to me that the ass load of holes we had when Snisher took over are nearly full.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched a Rams draft go this way. Can any of you remember the last time the Rams had the choice to draft BPA in place of need?? I know we still need help in that secondary, but damn it feels good to draft talent like this... Even if for depth..... DEPTH!!!

YESSS!!! It's incredible, bro!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I am absolutely fine with BPA from here on in. 4th round and down is where you get starters if you're lucky, but you hopefully find great depth.

(I was a Devaney guy, but that was a very valid criticism against him: That he had real problems finding late round picks that went somewhere.)

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Easy... Last time we took a guy called Jason Smith ;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
It simply makes all the sense in the world. Why spend all that money scouting these guys to select a lesser rated player in an attempt to fill a hole. The lesser rated player may fill the hole with a body, but has the need really been met?

That said, if I heard Snead correctly in his interview, they'll be shifting from BPA within reason over to BPA at a position of need today.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It simply makes all the sense in the world. Why spend all that money scouting these guys to select a lesser rated player in an attempt to fill a hole. The lesser rated player may fill the hole with a body, but has the need really been met?

That said, if I heard Snead correctly in his interview, they'll be shifting from BPA within reason over to BPA at a position of need today.
Agreed, and it makes plenty of sense to shift strategies on day 3. To be honest, the picks today are almost as interesting as days 1 and 2. Gotta love a deep draft when you have a lot of picks and faith in the men using them.