B. Schott Takes No Prisoners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By: X
http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/b-schott-takes-no-prisoners/

“Thank GOD that wuss Spagnuolo is gone! Now we get to see what REAL COACHES look like on the sidelines!”

Or some other flexing-computer-courage-faux-tough-guy proclamation.

We’ve all heard those comments before. Now that former HC Steve Spagnuolo is gone, the new Rams’ coaching staff will surely unleash the fury of Hell along with all the horses of the Apocalypse if any player dare make a mistake during a game. The screen cap below aptly describes the demeanor Spagnuolo displayed on the sidelines whenever a player screwed the pooch. We all remember this consoling moment too.

4fce5fddec8d831a9400000.jpg

During the second week of 2011, against the Giants, Sam Bradford dropped back on a third-and-8 from the New York 25 and attempted to throw a quick screen to Williams near the left sideline. However; because of pressure from the edge by the Giants’ defense, Bradford had to throw the pass backwards to reach Williams. CW (as he was ever so briefly and affectionately called) dropped the pass, which was considered a fumble as soon as it hit the ground because it was thrown backwards. Giants linebacker Michael Boley scooped up the ball and raced 65 yards for a touchdown and a 14-6 New York lead four minutes into the second quarter. The Rams went on to lose 28-16.

Said Williams, “It was just a bonehead move by me, just knowing whenever it’s a lateral like that, you’ve got to be aware and get on the ball.” Williams went on to reiterate, “Just a bonehead move by me.”

Well. You can thank whatever lucky token you possess that Brian Schottenheimer wasn’t waiting there on the sidelines to greet you. If you weren’t smote before you reached the white paint, you surely would have been hammered like a railroad spike once you crossed over. Just take a look at the tempestuousness displayed by B Schott when Santonio Holmes cost his team 15 yards for no other reason than to be a bone-head.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmf3XlKQYss[/youtube]

Wait what? This can’t be.

Do you mean to tell me that there are other coaches out there that don’t feel the need to spray spittle all over a player in order to get their point across? OH COME ON! How are the Rams supposed to get any better unless EVERYONE on the Rams’ staff is a Real Man? This will never do. Here I was all giddy with anticipation over the next mental error resulting in a shower of fire and brimstone that vaporizes the first guy to dare fall short of utter perfection.

This is crap. :pissed:

Well, at least it’s never too early to start a “Fire Schottenheimer” campaign.
So I got that going for me … which is good.

Anonymous

Professor Shottenheimer's advanced degree is in Game Situation Error Management Studies.

I think he even edits the leading journal in the field: Studies in Game Situation Error Management Studies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I take it he's working towards his doctorate in Compassionate Coaching?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I did hear him scream in the locker room at halftime on hard knocks in a pre-season game. Something to the tone of "We're going to go out and run the fucking thing until we figure out how to block somebody! So go out there and hit someone! Let''s play Jets fucking football!" (quote unquote)

It's online somewhere. Think it was the Pathers game.

I don't really mind how they coach as long as it's effective and not fake (e.g. Linnie ham.) I believe the head coach should be more even keeled and encouraging though. If position coaches want to get on people constantly, and coordinators lose their shit periodically (when needed) it's ight with me. I'm not worried about this crew. One things these guys have is experience. We have a pretty damn good coaching staff on paper. I just hope everything comes together.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Username said:
I did hear him scream in the locker room at halftime on hard knocks in a pre-season game. Something to the tone of "We're going to go out and run the fucking thing until we figure out how to block somebody! So go out there and hit someone! Let''s play Jets fucking football!" (quote unquote)

It's online somewhere. Think it was the Pathers game.

Ask and you shall receive... Halftime starts at the 2:34 mark on the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phqgmHOEMqQ[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:omg: He said a bad word.

I wonder if he's only like that when he's addressing the air. Seems like he's different on game days and while addressing individual players. He could be like Greg Williams too. I've read that GW is all maniacal during practice and meetings, but once the game starts, he's as cool as a cucumber.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
lol Don't get me wrong, I like the passion man. I've been saying the past FIVE years that we need more of it in the locker room. That was the first thing I said about the finny signing. I love what he's going to bring to this team. OJ is the last guy I can remember being very vocal on game day besides SJ.

We need more fire, personality, and pride. Between this new coaching staff and the new players, on paper I'm saying this is exactly what we needed. Bring on the friggin season already!