B/R NFL 1000: Ranking the Top 50 Quarterbacks from 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ing-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014/page/34

I would have posted the article, but as most of you know Bleacher Report LOVES putting everything in slides.

Surprise, surprise, they have Nick Foles ranked #33 out of 52 Qbs, which is basically a fringe starter. Qbs ranked higher than him? How about Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, and Mark Sanchez. And this is coming from one of their "national" reporters. Give me a break.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Does Bleacher Report really matter in this world? They're fans, just like us. Dumb ones, I might add.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ing-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014/page/34

I would have posted the article, but as most of you know Bleacher Report LOVES putting everything in slides.

Surprise, surprise, they have Nick Foles ranked #33 out of 52 Qbs, which is basically a fringe starter. Qbs ranked higher than him? How about Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, and Mark Sanchez. And this is coming from one of their "national" reporters. Give me a break.
BR's opinion ..:ROFLMAO:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any explanation about their methodologies when they put that list together?
Is it all just personal opinion, or is there some sort of statistical measure or standard in play?

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Lol... Every year Matt Miller has to create his NFL 1000 series. And every year he gets absolutely butchered by the readers who don't like where their players land. I don't envy him.

I don't agree with the ranking placement. But if you look at the overall grade, he gave him 72/100. That's a 'C'. Don't think anyone can argue with Foles earning a C grade in 2014.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Does Bleacher Report really matter in this world? They're fans, just like us. Dumb ones, I might add.

Us fans are smarter and more informed than bleacher report.

Dont group us with them

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any explanation about their methodologies when they put that list together?
Is it all just personal opinion, or is there some sort of statistical measure or standard in play?
They have a grading scale for things like short accuracy, deep accuracy, and arm strength, but you can't sit here and tell me that Foles is the #33 QB in the league. NOPE.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol... Every year Matt Miller has to create his NFL 1000 series. And every year he gets absolutely butchered by the readers who don't like where their players land. I don't envy him.

I don't agree with the ranking placement. But if you look at the overall grade, he gave him 72/100. That's a 'C'. Don't think anyone can argue with Foles earning a C grade in 2014.
Not at all, but the players I mentioned earlier shouldn't have earned better grades. Btw, I used to like Miller OK but lately his rankings have had me scratching my head

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Foles has a career 94.2 rating.

I understand he has a lot to prove with just 24 starts under his belt...

But Shawn Hill and Drew Stanton? Makes no sense.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Not at all, but the players I mentioned earlier shouldn't have earned better grades. Btw, I used to like Miller OK but lately his rankings have had me scratching my head

Oh, I don't disagree. I think he goes out of his way to make his rankings "different" and "shocking" in order to stand out. It's an understandable strategy, but sometimes it's too much for his own good.

iced

I hear they have excellent scouts

sp-1608-sarcastaball-on-the-sidelines.jpg