Awww Aaron Curry retires...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Former Seahawks No. 4 overall pick Aaron Curry announced his retirement Wednesday.
Just 27, Curry will go down as one of the bigger busts in NFL draft history. He appeared in just 35 games for the Seahawks, recording six sacks before getting traded to the Raiders for a seventh-round pick. He fell out of the league this offseason after getting cut by the Giants. Curry recently admitted the $34 million guaranteed :shock: he got following the 2009 draft caused him to lose motivation.
SOURCE: AARON CURRY ON TWITTER

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Once again proving that it is a great thing that I am not our GM. :tooth:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
At least he admitted that he stole the money.

Something tells me he will be broke like so many of these guys end up being.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A double whammy for Seattle. First they miss out on Stud OT Jason Smith and then they get stuck with Aaron Curry.
Wait a minute....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Psycho_X said:
The safest pick in the draft they said...

Yup I recall him being a "sure thing" according to lots of talking heads and posters.

Reminds me of the Dorsey stuff a few years back and how so many people were sure he was going to be a super star and I don't even know if he is even in the NFL anymore. Wasn't he like the #3 overall or something like that?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
dieterbrock said:
A double whammy for Seattle. First they miss out on Stud OT Jason Smith and then they get stuck with Aaron Curry.
Wait a minute....

OK - Maybe I shudda been GM. Would have saved us two spots worth of cash. :what:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The top of that draft was just terrible, horrendous.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
LesBaker said:
Psycho_X said:
The safest pick in the draft they said...

Yup I recall him being a "sure thing" according to lots of talking heads and posters.

Reminds me of the Dorsey stuff a few years back and how so many people were sure he was going to be a super star and I don't even know if he is even in the NFL anymore. Wasn't he like the #3 overall or something like that?

Dorsey is on the niners now.

F. Mulder

Starter
Boy count me as someone who really really wanted him. I couldn't see anyway he could be a bust. He had all the physical talent in the world to me. I wonder how much of it is what's between (or not between?) his ears?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
F. Mulder said:
Boy count me as someone who really really wanted him. I couldn't see anyway he could be a bust. He had all the physical talent in the world to me. I wonder how much of it is what's between (or not between?) his ears?

I've become very wary of the safest pick label. It usually implies that the guy has limited upside.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was an Aaron Curry guy as well. Shit happens, not every pick goes right.

Iron Lion

Starter
brokeu91 said:

Except the guy who went #1, of course.

I, too, wanted Curry. I admit it. But I'm happy with how it all worked out. :ww:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Aaron Curry? The guy that came out of college with the gold jacket? That Aaron Curry? :lol:

I didn't understand the hype...but I don't know what the hell I'm talking about either, so I just guessed right on that one.

The hype that surrounds players always makes me wary...I don't know how many times I heard "the next Warren Sapp" so many years in a row...then finally Suh came out and I guess you can say he's the closest player to actually fulfill that.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Iron Lion said:
brokeu91 said:

Except the guy who went #1, of course.

I, too, wanted Curry. I admit it. But I'm happy with how it all worked out. :ww:

Stafford was a no brainer lol there wasn't a WR worthy of #1 even if so you still needed that franchise qb. So two wrongs make a right? No way the obvious makes a right? Wait....hmmm. yea Stafford was a no brainer. :grin:

Other than some nice progressions Stafford has achieved avg 50 pass attempts per game from my eyes. Megatron is only one man. Will wr #2 or#3 please stand up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think all teams should suffer as much as WE have to.

I take comfort from hearing this news.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selassie I said:

I have a friend who is a Bills fan and when we talk football and he complains I have to admit I say to myself "dude you have NO idea about a crap team". Sometimes I have to remind him I'm a Rams fan. So I'm with you, every fan should have to go through what we did it's only fair right?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
LesBaker said:
Selassie I said:

I have a friend who is a Bills fan and when we talk football and he complains I have to admit I say to myself "dude you have NO idea about a crap team". Sometimes I have to remind him I'm a Rams fan. So I'm with you, every fan should have to go through what we did it's only fair right?

Exactly,,, it's only right.

LOL about the Buffalo fan. I have a guy who has worked for me for going on 20 years who is a die-hard bills fan. I have to admit,,, they're in a tough spot right now. This guy I'm telling you about is telling me how excited he is that his 3rd string QB is starting for the season opener. He then tells me,,, because I had to ask who he is,,, that his name is Tool :lmao:

Not enough suffering is the thought that is lingering through my head right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was a Glen Dorsey guy.

I guess we all fucked up in this draft.