Av’s Post-Combine Mock (2.0)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here is my second mock, accounting for the Combine. As usual, I don’t do trades!

Round 2 (36): Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE, Northwestern
My previous selection, Darnell Washington, as I expected, blew up the Combine. As a result, I don’t think he gets out of the first round. I’ve pivoted to another guy who had a great Combine (after a strong Senior Bowl week), Adeboware. His combination of size (282 lbs) and speed (4.49 forty) is almost unheard of, and he’s not a mere workout warrior. Put him next to Aaron Donald and see what happens.

Round 3 (69): Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
Wypler also had a good Combine, and I’m not entirely confident he’ll last this long, but if he does, I’d run to the podium. He’d give the Rams that OL anchor they need, and should have had if… nope, not going there. Did I mention that I like Big 10 offensive linemen?

Round 4 (C): Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
Still like the idea of a CB here. Darius Rush of South Carolina was my previous pick, and I’d still be happy with him here. However, after his forty time (4.36), he could be gone. Brents is a guy who got on the map at the Senior Bowl, and has the size to play the outside (6’3, 198). Good timed speed (4.53) and crazy vertical (41.5) shows athleticism is there.

Round 5 (C): Israel Abanikanda, RB, Pittsburgh
Disappointed that he didn’t work out at the Combine, so his status here is a bit shaky. He fits the profile of a big back, which I think we need, but if the Rams are more in the market for a speedy home-run hitter, I’d take a look at Keaton Mitchell from East Carolina (ran a 4.37) or, if he’s still around, Sean Tucker from Syracuse (didn’t run, but has some good tape).

Round 6 (168): Robert Beal, EDGE, Georgia
Round 6 (175): Payne Durham, TE, Purdue
Round 6 (177): Jackson Kirkland, OG, Washington
Round 6 (C): Trey Palmer, WR, Nebraska
Round 7 (213): Bryce Baringer, P, Michigan State
Round 7 (C): Chamarri Conner, S, Virginia Tech

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As we didn’t get a 4th round comp pick, Brents may be gone. In Round 5, I’d go with Terrell Smith, CB, Minnesota.