Av's 2023 Rams Draft Watch List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing that impacts my watch list and, later, my draft board and mocks, is the question of what positions are more likely to have an immediate impact.

RBs - often great as rookies
OL - if they come from the right system, can often be "plug and play" guys
DBs - if they're going to be good, you can usually see it in years 1 and 2
Pass rushers - can take a few years to hit their stride (with notable exceptions, of course)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm not in re-build mode yet, I want to see the Rams make another push for THE TROPHY. For this reason I'd like to see our team find the best EDGE on the market, ... not a draft pick, but another attempt to trade for Carolina's Brian Burns. Stafford, Donald, Ramsey & Kupp aren't going to be here forever, so let's get them to the BIG SHOW before we do get into a re-build scenario. Draft the best LG/Center prospect we can with our 2'nd round pick. The only thing that would change this would be if both Noteboom & Jackson are declared unfit for health reasons, and if that's the case and we need to spend our assets at LT, then re-build here we come, and with that comes a whole new perspective on the future. jmo.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
What are the early predictions of what round schmitz and stromburg might go?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Love Nolan Smith there for us.

I think he'll be gone before we draft, he's that good of a prospect. My problem with drafting an EDGE in the mid 2'nd or later is developmental time, and I'm not sure our top aging vets (Stafford, Donald, Ramsey, Kupp) will be together long enough for a young rookie OLB to get up to speed. My preference is still a top free agent Edge rusher, but if we ignore this position during free agency prior to the draft, then I'll come back around during the draft.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Mel's wrong on a lot of stuff, but not this. Tucker Kraft is the best blocker in this class, and his receiving traits are very underrated by most.

Snead does like his small school guys, but I'm still in the Luke Musgrave camp with our 3'rd rounder. His combination of speed, reliable hands & route running is very appealing to me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he'll be gone before we draft, he's that good of a prospect. My problem with drafting an EDGE in the mid 2'nd or later is developmental time, and I'm not sure our top aging vets (Stafford, Donald, Ramsey, Kupp) will be together long enough for a young rookie OLB to get up to speed. My preference is still a top free agent Edge rusher, but if we ignore this position during free agency prior to the draft, then I'll come back around during the draft.
Yeah it all comes down to how far he falls with his injury. IMO the Eagles GM is too smart to let him fall past them but we'll see what happens at the draft.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Snead does like his small school guys, but I'm still in the Luke Musgrave camp with our 3'rd rounder. His combination of speed, reliable hands & route running is very appealing to me.

Kraft's background reminds me of Kittle's. I'm hoping we take him; I just don't want the 69ers or Hags to get him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Is there a chance the kid from Notre Dame makes outta the 1rst?

Probably not, but we'll know more after the Combine. Right now he may be the consensus #1 pick, although I'm not sure he's really the perfect McSnead fit. jmo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1. Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge Kansas State...Need to go edge first, 86 pressures & 21 Sacks in the last two seasons the kid is a baller.

2. Blake Freeland OT, BYU, LT, Great Feet and 6'8 an Andrew Whitworth clone.

3. Eric Gray, RB, Oklahoma, 5-10, 212,
I would like a bigger back, but Gray seems like the Rams type of back and a smooth runner between the tackles with great vision and decisiveness.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge Kansas State...Need to go edge first, 86 pressures & 21 Sacks in the last two seasons the kid is a baller.

2. Blake Freeland OT, BYU, LT, Great Feet and 6'8 an Andrew Whitworth clone.

3. Eric Gray, RB, Oklahoma, 5-10, 212, I would like a bigger back, but Gray seems like the Rams type of back and a smooth runner between the tackles with great vision and decisiveness.
Would be some nice players added potentially.