Avoiding points on driving record STL county speed ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I was lit up on I-44 last Monday for speeding. I was going 85 in a 65 (though it didn't feel like it... I was sort of just going with the traffic flow). It was STL county police that cited me.

I have a totally clean record and haven't had a ticket in ages. Does anyone have ideas on what I can do to avoid points? I'd hate to have insurance raised.

When I was in high school down in southwest MO, where I live, I remember going to court and doing a "pre-trail conference" where they basically dropped the ticket as long as I avoid citations for a 1-year period.

Is there something similar in STL? Any help would be appreciated.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Don't they have a Basic Driver Improvement class that you can take that will remove the points? It will also change the conviction to Adjudication Withheld.

Well at least that's what we have here in FL. You can take the 4 hour class in an actual classroom setting (some are even done in a Comedy theme) or you can even take the class online. You are only allowed to take the class 2 or 3 times in your lifetime. You are not permitted to take the class if you are a Commercial Driver License holder though.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just get a lawyer, gonna cost you a couple hundred but he will get it knocked down to faulty exhaust and you will get a hefty fine, but no points. It's amazing how crooked it all is. But while it can cost up to $500 for it, it will help you avoid points. Been there, I got a C&I when I was 18. Paid a lawyer $500 and a fine of $200 but it was dropped to something completely stupid like exhaust.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Ive been cited for speeding here in illinois 3 times in the course of 5 years each time i took the time to just show up in court and the Citing officer did not. Since the office who cited me did not show up for what ever reason the tickets where thrown out. no fine no points no record.