Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nothing wrong with not being happy with Schotty, I'm not and that is well known, but we try not to make personal insults. Rams players and front office come here and join in so please try to be respectful.

This. There's plenty of sites where that crap is allowed to fly, but most of us came here because this isn't one of them.

Thank you guys. And that is exactly right. No one has to think or act like everything is a bed of roses but be respectful.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Although, and I might be wrong about this, it seems once someone is a FORMER Ram, all bets are off as far as that rule is concerned.

RamWoodie

Legend
just get TA on the field...the touches are coming...and even more...he better knows how to use his abilities. He had a good year last year in my book...but what he had to understand is speed is plentiful at the NFL level and you have to learn to set tacklers up...to leave them reaching for air...:LOL:

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I would like to see Austin start out in the backfield and motion out to force defenses to react, created mismatches, expose zone or man coverage and not allow his to get jammed easily. Not saying we are hiking the ball with an empty backfield, just that Austin might start there and motion out. Other teams do this with good success.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
just get TA on the field...the touches are coming...and even more...he better knows how to use his abilities. He had a good year last year in my book...but what he had to understand is speed is plentiful at the NFL level and you have to learn to set tacklers up...to leave them reaching for air...:LOL:
One of the things that was evident in my mind as the year went on was Austin began to learn how to set up his blocks and get NFL players to miss tackles. He needed experience with this and you can see that part of the reason he was able to break through in his final 4-5 games was because that light finally came on.

This year he will have the light on from the start. Watch out. He is going to be making big play, after big play, after big play. He has what you can't teach: vision, all world speed, and unreal cutting ability. It's all over for the NFL and they don't even realize it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would like to see Austin start out in the backfield and motion out to force defenses to react, created mismatches, expose zone or man coverage and not allow his to get jammed easily. Not saying we are hiking the ball with an empty backfield, just that Austin might start there and motion out. Other teams do this with good success.

Agree. We did a LOT of this with Faulk too!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would like to see Austin lined up out wide the majority of the time. Let him focus his efforts on one facet for now: being lined up out wide.

I wants a few touches out of the backfield, to keep teams honest, mostly I just want to see him play on the outside more.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wants a few touches out of the backfield, to keep teams honest, mostly I just want to see him play on the outside more.

You are not alone in that regard. I've heard quite a few people say the same thing... He matches up well outside.

Not suggesting we plop him out there full time... But make that part of the matchup challenge he offers.

Rambition

Rookie
i'll see you, and raise you a pair.

With the Rams, we have to be more specific than just "Austin"...

i

i

i

stone_cold_steve_austin11.jpg
i'll see you, and raise you a pair.
Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-.jpg

six-million-dollar-man-lenticular-image.jpg

Last edited:

ausmurp

Starter
He was very successful with the slot quick reverse last yr, so for me I don't care if he's not in the backfield at all. He needs to get at least 2 handoffs per game I would say. Also should get 2 screens per game. He really needs to study Desean Jackson and play more like him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Mix it up baby!

He is a defensive nightmare and we need to get defences focussing on him, and where he's going, what position he's at, keep them guessing.

We have to play each week as it comes, NEVER the same gameplay, focus on the weak links in our opposition and make them pay for it.

We have the benefit of being able to slug away at defences now, tire them out and then have Tavon A run them ragged, mixed up with long bombs to Givens and Britt, some end zone dinks to Cook and Pettis ahh sounds like heaven....