Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramaslama

How many snaps will he get out of the backfield?

how many snaps out of the back field per game would you like to see?

Should we install the wildcat in are offense this year?

A55VA6

Legend
Well it's hard to tell how many snaps he'll get back there but realistically maybe he'll get 0-3 snaps at HB per game. Whether it's just being a decoy, running a route/screen, or getting a handoff. One thing for sure though, he's got great quickness and vision. If he can get a handoff or a screen pass and gets room to run... he could make some big plays. And no to the wildcat. I hate that package.

ramaslama

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want to see 5 snaps out of the backfield a game just to keep the other teams d thinking.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I would love to see more but my guess is he will average well under 3 snaps a game

SierraRam

Recreational User
I don't think we'll need him in the backfield much. I'd like to see him get a few quick slants & a couple of deep throws a game.

After we tenderize the opponents with Zac & Tre, give Tavon a reverse and roll tape...

ramaslama

I don't think we'll need him in the backfield much. I'd like to see him get a few quick slants & a couple of deep throws a game.

After we tenderize the opponents with Zac & Tre, give Tavon a reverse and roll tape...

ramaslama

we don't need but want more ways to get Austin the ball.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
With the depth we have at running back I really don't see that many snaps with him in the backfield this year. Like Sierra said, a trick or so here and there. I'd like to see him used more downfield. In fact, I'd like to see a game opened up on occasion with a deep bomb to Austin. That'll wake them up. Steve Smith was always one of my favorite football players and I don't see any reason why Austin can't be a lot like him.

Not sure why we want to go with a wildcat. What formation did you have in mind when you thought of that? Direct snap to Austin?

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think in the 4th quarter when we wear them down Austin is a good choice; our line will dominate in run game, I think...Stacy-Cunningham-Tre will wear them down behind those 320+lb plus guards...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know how many snaps; but we need to move him around to stress the defense... With some of it to create matchup opportunities elsewhere for Cook, Quick, etc.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
With the Rams, we have to be more specific than just "Austin"...

i

i

i

stone_cold_steve_austin11.jpg

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think he will probably get about 5 snaps lined up in the backfield or on reverses. I don't think he'll touch the ball on all of them but he will likely be back there to keep the defenses guessing. I think we will probably run him on average one or two times a game - maybe more or less depending on the match-ups. They just need to figure out ways to get him the ball in space and he will torch some defenses with regularity. Others we will pound into submission or rely on Sam's arm to get us downfield. We have a very versatile talent level now. Sure hope Schotty can make it work.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
<5

NO...Never...Really, backfield?

If Stacy runs it, he was pretty effective with that in college.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
see this is one of those scenarios where "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away" Mike Martz would whip up some mad scientists plays and use this kid's potential to the max! but we dont have Martz... we have a second hand Schotty that has ridden daddy's coattails through the NFL. I hate Schotty he is the most bland, predictable boring offensive coordinator ive seen since the GSOT days. my only hope is that he's at least smart enough to whip up a couple trick plays to throw in now and again and have Tavon do the rest himself. the main reason why more ppl havent called for his head yet is because we simply cant keep doing this to our young players, switching coordinators like underwear even if they smell. God please help our O coordinator grow a brain so we can take over the NFC West with all the raw, talented players we posses.

We have recently gotten confirmation that Austin was struggling early on with the playbook so it's not all on the OC.

RamzFanz

Damnit
see this is one of those scenarios where "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away" Mike Martz would whip up some mad scientists plays and use this kid's potential to the max! but we dont have Martz... we have a second hand Schotty that has ridden daddy's coattails through the NFL. I hate Schotty he is the most bland, predictable boring offensive coordinator ive seen since the GSOT days. my only hope is that he's at least smart enough to whip up a couple trick plays to throw in now and again and have Tavon do the rest himself. the main reason why more ppl havent called for his head yet is because we simply cant keep doing this to our young players, switching coordinators like underwear even if they smell. God please help our O coordinator grow a brain so we can take over the NFC West with all the raw, talented players we posses.

Nothing wrong with not being happy with Schotty, I'm not and that is well known, but we try not to make personal insults. Rams players and front office come here and join in so please try to be respectful.

Nothing wrong with not being happy with Schotty, I'm not and that is well known, but we try not to make personal insults. Rams players and front office come here and join in so please try to be respectful.

This. There's plenty of sites where that shit is allowed to fly, but most of us came here because this isn't one of them.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I don't care where they happen as it should be based on the opponent, but Tavon needs 12-15+ touches every single week.