Austin Pettis works out for Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I guess he's technically a veteran, but it's almost laughable to call him that. Glad to hear he's possibly getting work though, the guy has some nice hands and has some ability to produce on the right team. Bradford loved the guy as a receiver and let him show what he could at times, that's for sure. With a guy like Cam Newton at QB and Proehl as WR coach, he might surprise.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sometimes when I hear that team has nothing at WR the first thing I do is look at the QB.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Do the Panthers even have any wide receivers? They better sign Pettis quickly!

They cut Jason Avant who publicly said he didn't like playing for the 50+ yard FG. I'd kinda wish the Rams would sign him, as another vet guy to tae the place of Austin Pettis.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Benjamin has really been emerging. However, the next best weapon in that offense in Greg Olson. They desperately need some help while they still have a chance at the division title.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guess he's technically a veteran, but it's almost laughable to call him that. Glad to hear he's possibly getting work though, the guy has some nice hands and has some ability to produce on the right team. Bradford loved the guy as a receiver and let him show what he could at times, that's for sure. With a guy like Cam Newton at QB and Proehl as WR coach, he might surprise.
I'm glad he is getting a shot somewhere else, But I hate the panthers, so I hope it doesn't work for them!!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Panthers hold bye-week tryout for 10

Posted by Mike Florio on November 19, 2014, 11:26 PM EST
pettis.jpg
Getty Images
The Panthers finally have reach the bye week, winning only one of their last nine games. They’re using the time off to take a look at some players who could help them get better.

Per a league source, 10 Panthers tried out for the Panthers on Wednesday.

The candidates were receiver Austin Pettis, receiver Uzoma Nwachukwu, running back Zach Bauman, running back Toben Opurum, quarterback Brad Sorensen, defensive back M.D. Jennings, defensive back Kimario McFadden, defensive back Anthony Walters, and defensive back Lou Young.

At 3-7-1, the Panthers remain in striking distance for the NFC South title. After the bye, they finish with games against the Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Browns, and Falcons.

Rambition

Rookie
i still think pettis is going to hook on with someone...kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Why couldn't we play the NFC South this year? I bet Carolina wishes they would have resigned Steve Smith right about now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pettis belongs in the league. I hope he latches on somewhere. The Chargers would be a good gig.

Athos

Legend
There must be something wrong with his personality or something to be out for so long with no team signing him. Lotta WR desperate teams out there.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There must be something wrong with his personality or something to be out for so long with no team signing him. Lotta WR desperate teams out there.
Lot of teams don't want a mediocre receiver

Athos

Legend
Lot of teams don't want a mediocre receiver

You seen the Panthers roster outside of KB? :ROFLMAO:

Worse than mediocre imo. You won't get much argument from me. Never thought Pettis was great. But he can still play and was a decent RZ target.