Austin Pettis disappointed in late drops --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Austin Pettis disappointed in late drops
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12332/austin-pettis-disappointed-in-late-drops

PHILADELPHIA -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams' 34-28 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles:

Pettis dejected: Rams wide receiver Austin Pettis was visibly upset after he had a pair of costly drops on the team's potential game-winning drive. Pettis has stuck on the roster because of his sure hands and ability to come through late like he did in Week 2 against Tampa Bay but was unable to haul in a pair of catchable balls on second and third down in Eagles territory.

"It’s the end of the game, there’s going to be a lot of contested balls, and there’s no excuses on any of them," Pettis said. "I had the ball in my hands long enough to get the catch. I’ve just got to hold on to it."

Stacy's day: Running back Zac Stacy coughed up a costly fumble in Rams territory late in the third quarter, which led to a Philadelphia touchdown two plays later. Stacy did not return to the game, leaving many to wonder if he had been benched because of the turnover. Rams coach Jeff Fisher said after the game that isn't the case and that Stacy suffered a calf injury on the play.

Looking in the mirror: There was plenty of blame to go around for the loss, but most Rams pointed the finger at themselves. Fisher and his players mentioned drops, penalties, busted coverages, protection mistakes and more as the self-inflicted wounds that ultimately led to the defeat. Fisher was particularly upset with the post-punt 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong.

Alan

Legend
"Rams coach Jeff Fisher said after the game that isn't the case and that Stacy suffered a calf injury on the play."
Another troubling example of why I didn't like the Stacy pick. As I said when we drafted him, the guy is always getting dinged up. Good thing we have Cunningham, Watts and Mason to fall back on. Possibly Pead next year if he can get his act together.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"Rams coach Jeff Fisher said after the game that isn't the case and that Stacy suffered a calf injury on the play."
Another troubling example of why I didn't like the Stacy pick. As I said when we drafted him, the guy is always getting dinged up. Good thing we have Cunningham, Watts and Mason to fall back on. Possibly Pead next year if he can get his act together.

BUT, that's why we have 4 stud RB's, too. I love Watts and Cunningham. Activate Mason and we're golden, pony boy!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"It’s the end of the game, there’s going to be a lot of contested balls, and there’s no excuses on any of them," Pettis said. "I had the ball in my hands long enough to get the catch. I’ve just got to hold on to it."
4515957.gif

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

Only the first one.... NO WR is catching the second one. Appreciate the step up.

Alan

Legend
mr.stlouis seeing the depth:
BUT, that's why we have 4 stud RB's, too. I love Watts and Cunningham. Activate Mason and we're golden, pony boy!
Yep, I think RB is one position we don't have to address next year that's for sure.

O-line, FS, O-line, FS, O-line, OLB.