Austin on the Market??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not saying I'm for or against. Tho it is a interesting concept. I mean maybe having 6 of the top 45. I wouldn't do it unless I could have both trades.Wouldn't do it unless it was a top 7 pick.

But how many players you think the Rams wouldn't trade off their roster for a high 1st& 2nd? Quinn for sure, Bradford?
Quinn and Sam for upproven to rookies, madness
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This draft is loaded at WR. Lets be honest, if Austin came iut this year he would probably go in the late first round. No way he goes in from of Watkins or Evans.

Ok, lets be honest, what you're saying is baseless speculation.

Lol. So you mean that the Rams would trade Austin if they're offered a ridiculous package for him? YOU DON'T SAY!

Thanks for posting that, it's hilarious.

iced

Ok, lets be honest, what you're saying is baseless speculation.

Lol. So you mean that the Rams would trade Austin if they're offered a ridiculous package for him? YOU DON'T SAY!

Thanks for posting that, it's hilarious.

lmao right

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet he posted to the Whiners board and 30 other teams the same thing with one of their best players on the trading block. Then he sits back like a pervert enjoying a $2 dollar peep show watching the fallout.

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram jumping to conclusions:
Cordarrelle Patterson had essentially the same level of production at WR as Tavon did. Just because he had 1 kickoff return for 106 yards doesn't mean he's that much better.

Tavon is also a PR, so IDK what you mean when losing the development of a returner there; CP tho wasn't a PR.

It seems like whenever Tavon Austin is brought up, CP is brought up. I don't understand it. Both had good rookie seasons, but they are different receivers. Each has it's pros and cons.

Now don't misunderstand me, I didn't like trading up to get Tavon either; but it's crazy hindsight to say someone else would have been a better pick for the future or someone else in the 2nd round would have been as well.

Great post Angry because it illustrates perfectly what I was talking about in a different thread. You misread my post or I didn't write it well enough.

First of all, go go back to my post and find exactly where I said Patterson was better. I didn't say that but you probably thought I was implying that. I wasn't. I merely mentioned his name as someone we might have picked had we not traded up. I got his name by looking at the 2013 draft and seeing which WR (I picked a WR because Austin was a WR) would have been available had we picked at #16. I had no clue, until you just told me, how he did last year. I do know that he was a popular choice here at the ROD.

Misreading and misunderstanding happen all the time. As the writer of the post in question it's my job to set the record straight. In a ROD like way.

BTW, you're the second poster to come out of the shadows recently and agree with my thoughts about the trade up. Where were you when I needed some support! :mad:

Just kidding Angry. :love: :LOL: :p

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Great post Angry because it illustrates perfectly what I was talking about in a different thread. You misread my post or I didn't write it well enough.

First of all, go go back to my post and find exactly where I said Patterson was better. I didn't say that but you probably thought I was implying that. I wasn't. I merely mentioned his name as someone we might have picked had we not traded up. I got his name by looking at the 2013 draft and seeing which WR (I picked a WR because Austin was a WR) would have been available had we picked at #16. I had no clue, until you just told me, how he did last year. I do know that he was a popular choice here at the ROD.

Misreading and misunderstanding happen all the time. As the writer of the post in question it's my job to set the record straight. In a ROD like way.

BTW, you're the second poster to come out of the shadows recently and agree with my thoughts about the trade up. Where were you when I needed some support! :mad:

Just kidding Angry. :love: :LOL: :p

I did read it before posting, but whenver Tavon is brought up, CP always seemed to be brought up. And yeah, the logic of someone else being better was all my own. It's just the connection b/w the 2 WRs.

Support? All last offseason I was a Eddie Lacy honk and towards the end a DeAndre Hopkins/DJ Swearinger guy. Those are the guys I wanted w/ the 3 picks. But I understood why they traded up for Tavon, even tho I wasn't the biggest fan of the move.

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet he posted to the Whiners board and 30 other teams the same thing with one of their best players on the trading block. Then he sits back like a pervert enjoying a $2 dollar peep show watching the fallout.

Me? Not a troll. I never bashed the Rams or Austin. I said, "I have no idea who this guy is..." I'm not hanging on to his every word as if it's truth. Thought it was more interesting/funny than anything.

Some good convo about Austin's value (perceived & real) came out of it, so it wasn't all bad. Mods can delete if they want-didn't think all threads had to be "serious."

Alan

Legend
Yamahopper of two minds:
I'm not saying I'm for or against. Tho it is a interesting concept. I mean maybe having 6 of the top 45. I wouldn't do it unless I could have both trades.Wouldn't do it unless it was a top 7 pick.

But how many players you think the Rams wouldn't trade off their roster for a high 1st& 2nd? Quinn for sure, Bradford?

I agree, it's an interesting concept. Here are my first thoughts on the subject:
I'm not sure how well this would work in practice. If you're giving up a player that another team values enough to give you a high first round pick then what do they see in him that you don't? Is the other team crazy?

If you're willing to give up a top notch player because you no longer have a need for him then what does that say about drafting for need versus drafting best player available?

Last but not least, would you really give up a very good player for a possible Curry?

No matter how much I disliked the trade up, I'm not going to trade a very good player for an unknown no matter what the hype is about him.

Unless maybe it's a possible franchise QB. Possible franchise QBs seem to trump everything don't they? :)

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chuck Norris once ran around the world and caught himself from behind.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me? Not a troll. I never bashed the Rams or Austin. I said, "I have no idea who this guy is..." I'm not hanging on to his every word as if it's truth. Thought it was more interesting/funny than anything.

Some good convo about Austin's value (perceived & real) came out of it, so it wasn't all bad. Mods can delete if they want-didn't think all threads had to be "serious."

I think he was referring to the guy who tweeted it

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He used the term "board" so I assumed he meant a forum, not twitter.

Yeah your reaction was understandable, it did read that way. Im just giving the benefit of the doubt, people around here tend to be more friendly than that. If he is referring to you he's in the wrong.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I would hope the Rams would be open to trading anyone on the team for an absolutely "blow away" offer.

Like, say, even Robert Quinn for 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 10 years. I'd do that. ;)