Austin Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I think many of us owe Davis a little bit of an apology. Not saying he played great but he wasn't near as bad as many people on here were saying. Like I said all week, prior to last week he probably had about a half a game of PRE SEASON action. He played pretty well in my opinion for a first real game.

Also, I loved the enthusiasm on the sidelines. Haven't seen that in awhile. Someone needs to find a gif of that.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I knew Austin Davis would do this along go on to lead us to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl and he wasn't even a grocery store stocker a few years before!!! lol

No but to be honest, he played a dam good game with limited reps from Sam and Hill and to come aboard and to have that type of determination and calmness about him is amazing. Honestly I see a bit of Favre in him and you can see that... IMO the most important thing with him is building the confidence.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I really liked the emotions he showed on the sidelines, and his calmness in the field!

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Fisher has just stated that Hill will be the starter when he returns. Nice to know we have Davis in reserve if things go to shit!!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm not so sure Hill gives us the best chance to win anymore. At the very least give Davis a few weeks to play while Hill completely recovers. Austin played out of this fucking world today.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Yea, why screw with it? The kid had us going so ride the hot hand
upload_2014-9-14_17-17-42.jpeg

roman18

Very impressed with the kid. I know it's only one game , but it should be his team. The kid has heart and emotion. Something they need.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm not so sure Hill gives us the best chance to win anymore. At the very least give Davis a few weeks to play while Hill completely recovers. Austin played out of this freaking world today.
To be honest he made several throws today I'm quite sure Hill isn't capable of making. The Wrs also seem to really respond to him.
I say stick with the kid.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We obviously weren't afraid to take a few shots down the field either. I'm cool just rolling with Davis if Hill isn't ready.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He really responded to having the first team reps this week. Make you wonder what another week would do for him!
Rest Hill and let Davis play!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think many of us owe Davis a little bit of an apology. Not saying he played great but he wasn't near as bad as many people on here were saying. Like I said all week, prior to last week he probably had about a half a game of PRE SEASON action. He played pretty well in my opinion for a first real game.

Also, I loved the enthusiasm on the sidelines. Haven't seen that in awhile. Someone needs to find a gif of that.
I always Was on board with Austin Davis. One game doesn't make a season but it's the intangibles that have me so high on the kid. He isn't afraid to take shots down the field and even though he is mobile he rather stand in the pocket deliver the ball and take a shot he reminds me of Bradford that way. His arm strength is good and accuracy on deep balls impressive that pas so Quick was on the money that he dropped. He is going to have some rough moments but a big win on the road for your first start impressive indeed

RamWoodie

Legend
Let's not go overboard. I've been a Davis supporter since the Rams got him. But let's understand he has much better teams to face down the road. He did a great job today...just keep working!