Austin Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Guys I am just throwing this out there since off season is slow..................

If Bradford with new support does not peform at a high level will Davis take his job? Discuss.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
GreeneCounty said:
Guys I am just throwing this out there since off season is slow..................

If Bradford with new support does not peform at a high level will Davis take his job? Discuss.

NO oh you want discussion?
NO way in hell.
The only way "in hell" that it could happen is if something happens you didn't include,such as Sam gets hurt and Davis comes in and takes a struggling team to three or more wins and Sam doesn't get back on the field because we go with the hot hand .
I don't think Sam can stink bad enough to make a change evident without an injury.
IMO even if he doesn't dazzle our defense is going to keep us in games where even a struggling Sam could still produce wins . 0-14 maybe last two games and then it'd be to save Sam from injury,the two players are just not even close enough in ability to imagine it happening.
I like Austin by the way and am luke warm on Sam ,but I ain't blind :cheese:

A55VA6

Legend
Let's say this, Bradford get hurt in preseason or early season, Davis comes in and plays outstanding and leads us to the playoffs.

Preseason 2014, there might be a battle.

But I think Bradford will be the QB no matter what, unless something crazy happens.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A55VA6 said:
Let's say this, Bradford get hurt in preseason or early season, Davis comes in and plays outstanding and leads us to the playoffs.

Sounds vaguely familiar... :cool: I would be ok with this especially if the scripts has the same sending. Not that I want Sam to get hurt, jes sayin....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If Bradford doesn't produce and Davis takes over, then clearly Bradford isn't safe. The switch will have been made because the coach called for it. If Davis does markedly better after that, then Bradford will find himself on the outside looking in. Which is how you'd expect it to go with just about any team, really. I don't think Bradford has the job by default because of his salary though. That's not how Fisher is wired. Bradford has the job because he's simply the best guy FOR the job.

That said, this is all moot. Bradford is going to break out in a big, big way this year and there will be no further discussion about his longevity on this team. Demoff has expressed his desire to rework Bradford's contract with an extension, so they're already thinking long-term. Sam will have to either get severely injured, or completely screw the pooch this year to mess any of this up. I can't guarantee he won't get injured, but there is no way he's going to become a bad QB.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Davis could still use some seasoning. I think he's got great ability, it isn't quite ready to be realized yet. Ideally I'd like to see the kid light it up in the preseason the next couple years so they could trade his ass a'la Matt Cassle, Matt Flynn or Kevin Kolb. I'm quite confident that Bradford will entrench himself into Top 10 status this season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Add to that we may very well see a lot of Davis in the pre-season. Maybe even mop up detail in the regular season. The Rams may very well prep him to be trade bait in year 3. Look at what back-up QBs have been bringing on the trade market. Snead and Fish HAVE to see that.

I have nothing against Davis. I haven't seen him play all that much. But this is Bradford's team and nothing that I saw last season would lead me to believe 2013 will be any different except that Sam will likely improve vastly with more weapons, a better O-line, and ... GASP... a second year in a system.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If Bradford were to slump (very doubtful) and Davis was to excel then I'd expect the coaching staff to put out the best players.

If Bradford were to get injured early (knock on wood) and Davis led the team to the postseason, I'd still expect Bradford to be the starter next year, although Davis would be someone who could take over if needed. Bradford is the better QB though, Davis looked great against depth players in the preseason, but Bradford is still a better player.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
Add to that we may very well see a lot of Davis in the pre-season. Maybe even mop up detail in the regular season. The Rams may very well prep him to be trade bait in year 3. Look at what back-up QBs have been bringing on the trade market. Snead and Fish HAVE to see that.

I have nothing against Davis. I haven't seen him play all that much. But this is Bradford's team and nothing that I saw last season would lead me to believe 2013 will be any different except that Sam will likely improve vastly with more weapons, a better O-line, and ... GASP... a second year in a system.

Maybe even mop up detail in the regular season.

That would imply comfortable leads, now THAT would indeed be an improvement. :cheese:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ramsince62 said:
Maybe even mop up detail in the regular season.

That would imply comfortable leads, now THAT would indeed be an improvement. :cheese:

Mark it down. Won't THAT be nice. :7up: